For Those of You Who Still Serve... How Do You Do It?

by Kingdom Evader 25 Replies latest jw friends

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Waking up the wife is a slow and steady process. It will be worth it. I love her unconditionally, even if she doesn't understand unconditional love yet.

In the meantime, I will try to work on activism.

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

Ive decided that in the largest spectrum of things, it really doesn't matter one bit one way or the other.

In my case, there are no hardcore family members and it would require way to much energy and effort to systematically pull them out of the religion.

Sure, its all a fantasy. But their fear of death is offset by the fantasy, so whatever.

A hundred years from now, none of it will matter as we won't be here. By the way, I'm completely cool with that. So for the time being ill hang tight and continue to discover the joys of living in the moment.

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

If you've been lurking for some time now, then you may have noticed that folks here are genuine, caring, and supportive. They are quick to put a human rainbow over a cloudy heart. I personally approve of that and need it myself from time to time.

The Searcher has been here 4 yrs now and IMO has some of the best wisdom I've ever heard on this board. (there are many others too Searcher...so don't go & start showin' off).

here's the comment:
    "How can you sit at an elders' meeting discussing Org letters such as the 4 page money rip-off one, and be complicit in fleecing and abusing the blinded sheep?" It's unconscionable!!!

Standing down as an elder is the only decent and honourable course to take.

(but you also noticed the big, hearty welcome you got too, didn't you?...that's how we are here)

I too am curious about you and hope you're not just here gathering advice on how to spot an apostate in your KH. You say things like: "If I were to listen to one of your public talks... would I know you were an apostate? Do you "lie" and say "support the GB" to avoid suspicion? Or do you make the talk as general and mainstream as possible and eliminate most of the cult speak?... I wonder how many are awake and we don't even know it yet..."

I hope I'm wrong and you are legit... I'm of a cautious nature now when it comes to JWs and especially elders...... i've been burned one too many times. I wouldn't give you the time of day if i thought you were going to do that.

If my concerns are unwarranted, please accept my apologies and WELCOME! You'll find your stay here pleasant!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ wifibandit...

How the hell have you not been give the boot, yet???

• Kingdom Evader
    Kingdom Evader

Thank you everyone for your comments... I know staying under the radar isn't for everyone. @wifibandit, that already sounds like most of my Saturday mornings! It seems to work!

A BIG thank you to Stumpy and elderNewton as well, I've already started to implement those tactics into my personal theocratic "journey". You make me think it will be possible to go undetected until I can make a clean break!

@Dumplin ... HAHA haha.... no. I just want to figure out a way to stay off the radar myself! I just want to make sure I don't sound to "apostate-y" either from the platform or in casual conversation.

Thank you again everyone, from the bottom of my heart!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

While I still attend I have no responsibilities anymore, don't comment, sing or say amen at prayers. I will say that while an elder, it got increasingly harder to find ways to handle parts without feeling like a hypocrite. None of the halls I was associated with did shepherding calls so that was easy.

Over the space of a year or two, I began cutting back and finally was able to step down for "family reasons". What a relief!!!

Actually, having to deal with JCs was what really got to me. I could fake the other stuff but I couldn't live with having a part in deciding whether someone would get cut off from their family and friends.

If it really bothers you, devise a plan to step down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit