NEW LIGHT Regarding the feet of Iron & Clay. Can someone confirm?

by pale.emperor 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

This appeared on my Facebook today. Can anyone confirm if this has official GB bullshit approval?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hmmmmm.... I have not heard anything about that "change".

Anyone else?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Glad i kept my Revelation book now (albeit the updated 2nd edition). They were very clear and adamant on the UN being the baddies.

Would also explain why they reminded the rank and file that the GB are neither inspired nor infallible. Sets them up for some new shite light

• Carol1111
    Carol1111

It might be a general anxiety problem. I used to dream about exams for years after I left school.

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

I really hope this latest possible nu lite isn't true. I can't keep up with all the doctrine changes and org rebranding.

Anyway, I read a headline that said Trump won't last another 6 months. Let's hope he quits/gets pushed, proving the Anglo-american nu lite wrong!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Just did some research. This has "apparently" been the teaching since 2012. But I'm 95% sure it wasn't actually the teaching back then and they've edited the JW online library. Anyone still got an old CD Rom?

• venus
    venus

Here is an excerpt from The Atlantic by Lane Wallace, which shows why people cling to irrational beliefs even after proofs existing to the contrary:

“Why do people cling to an opinion even after they are presented with contradictory evidence?” said Lane Wallace. “The easy answer, of course, is simply that people are irrational.” But the way in which they are irrational is telling. In a new study, social science researchers have found that people employ “motivated reasoning to fend off any evidence that their strongly held beliefs are wrong. Many people feel that they are their opinions, and hate to lose arguments; as Vince Lombardi once said, “Every time you lose, you die a little.” So when confronted with new, troubling information, ideologues selectively interpret the facts or use “contorted logic” to make conflicting evidence just go away. In the study, even when presented with “compelling, factual data” from a trusted source, many subjects “still found ways to dismiss it. ” In fact, researchers found that exposing people to contradictory information actually “intensified” their existing beliefs, making them more rigid and entrenched. Needless to say, the findings do not offer much hope of “changing anyone else’s mind with facts or rational discussion.”

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

Does this help? The 2013 WT 7/15 3-8 says; "So, what can we expect will happen during the coming great tribulation? Jehovah will “cut short” the attack of the United Nations on false religion, not allowing true religion to be destroyed with the false. This will ensure that God’s people will be saved."

Also, the 2012 WT 6/15 14-18 says; "Soon Jehovah will cause the political elements of Satan’s system, as represented by the United Nations, to attack false religion."

But is the new understanding since 2012 that the US-UK world power will attack religion, not the UN, like what the Face book post says?

• never a jw
    never a jw

Well, some truth there. False religion is being attacked, no doubt. Thank you ARC.

• sir82
    sir82

They would never release earth-shattering "new light" at a circuit assembly. Not everyone attends the same circuit assembly simultaneously. They can't control the flow of information that way (and the WTS is all about control).

Imagine the gossip, rumors, and wild speculation that would result if some JWs received "new light" at a CA, while others would have to wait 2, 3, maybe 6 months to hear it "officially".

Anything "big" would come via a Watchtower, or possibly a one-off event, such as the AGM held every October.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit