Got my judicial notes & file destroyed

by roybatty 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

This raises an issue I've often thought about - what's to stop someone disfellowshipped or da'd going to an area where they aren't known and under an assumed name starting all over again? Do you have to verify your identity in anyway when joining? If not, then I could see a good actor playing havoc with the org.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

roybatty, I think you have been theocratic warfare'd

If you are known to hold "apostate" views, then it is all the more likely they would view you as someone who "doesn't deserve" to know the truth.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Not Bloody Likely.

You have been lied to. Part of the " Theocratic Warfare" There is no way I can see them destroying any record of any witness, ex or other wise.

They are too ANAL RETENTIVE......emphasis on anal...and retentive.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Pandora,

Are you married?? If not please come to California

• roybatty
    roybatty
    But you have absolutely no proof that this has happened.
    Personally, I wish someone would sue for their file.

There are a few reasons why I believe him. One, he didn't have to say "yes". He simply could have said "no, they belong to us." End of discussion. Those notes aren't mine, I didn't take them, the other elders did. Secondly, I've known this elder for 20 years. He basically groomed me from pioneer to ms to elder. Anyway, when the "shi* hit the fan" (me leaving the "troof") the two of us never bs'd each other. There's no reason for him to bs me now. Could he be? I suppose but if the lack of cars in the kingdom hall parking lot are any indication, he (and the other elders) have bigger problems to worry about.

What actually surprised me the most was the Society's letter placing all responsibility on the local PO.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    What actually surprised me the most was the Society's letter placing all responsibility on the local PO.

That's the way the Society works these days. All legal responsibility is thrown back onto the local elders, who have to do the Society's dirty work.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

I don't think there is any way in heaven or on earth that they destroyed that document/file, the dead give away was that he ummed and rrrd when you first called him about it, next you write the society, they straight away would have called the PO at home, and told him if you enquired again, to tell you they were destroyed, in other words out and out LIE, it is policy to keep all records. It's in the Flock Book.

Unless you can get the PO and Body of Elders to sign a document that the file was destroyed (which I don't think they would sign), my bet is they still have it locked away somewhere.

In case someone takes the (b)org/congo. to court, for say psychological stresses, and had a shrink testify on their behalf, that it was caused by the CULT, well they could look back on the files and see what the circumstances of Dissing was?

They Lied before to you, what makes you think that they wouldn't lie now?

Wasn't there some sort of case in Scandinavia about files and freedom of information etc. I seem to remember something a while back about that.

Steph:

Do you have to verify your identity in anyway when joining? If not, then I could see a good actor playing havoc with the org.

No, not really, but if one was REALLY wanting back in, under another name, there's always the deed poll, and you don't have to tell anyone who you were, just who you are now. But I really wouldn't understand anyone wanting to live a lie like that, eventually it would eat them up, I know it would eat me up eventually! Also I just don't care to associate with this (b)org anymore and waste more of my life.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    That's the way the Society works these days. All legal responsibility is thrown back onto the local elders, who have to do the Society's dirty work.

Interesting thought: there are bound to be BOEs which are reasonably smart, which would cotton on to the fact that all this secret note-taking, verbal instruction and not noting JC files of the Society's instructions will eventually bite them on the bum. So are there any that have made a self-protective pact to keep all correspondence and make copious notes to cover themselves if the Society ever drops them in it? Former elders, your comments please...

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    But I really wouldn't understand anyone wanting to live a lie like that, eventually it would eat them up, I know it would eat me up eventually!

My thought is that such a person would be acting as a troll in real life, rather than on the PC. You know the joy people like "Fred Hall", Comforter and their ilk get from hiding behind their secret ids knowing we'll never find them? I could see someone doing this as a way of thumbing their nose at the WBTS. The joy would be in knowing what they don't know.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

just a thought.....maybe the PO could have destroyed the old files, but created new files with your info on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit