Thinking about the end of the Watchtower

by JeffT 34 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

in my mind it really has finished, they never call any more,they have virtually no influence on my life at all these days albeit my sister still remaining loyal but we haven't spoken in years, both parents passed away,not one single prophecy they predicted has materialised, KH's in my circuit and neighbouring circuits are being flogged off, congregations liquidated, the big splendour of district assemblies held in huge sports arenas every summer would be publicised in the media but now they dont even get mentioned, the growth in the UK is not even at a snails pace, the only reminder I see these days is their "apathy cart" in my home town completely ignored by the general public, yep they've finished, the internet has played a huge part in this!

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

If Watchtower goes down, think of all the divorces. I know several in loveless marriages and only stay together because of the "truth". If the truth is no more I don't think they will stay together. It would be interesting.

• steve2
    steve2

If Watchtower goes down, think of all the divorces. I know several in loveless marriages and only stay together because of the "truth".

Astute observation, Finally Left.

When high control religions groups or political systems collapse, restrained hatreds quickly come to the surface and a splintering of allegiances occur. Look at the national fractionations that erupted in the wake of the collapse of the Soviet Union (which had earlier managed to repress dissent).

• LV101
    LV101

I'd take an implosion of WT and it doesn't even have to be nuclear!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If the WBT$ went under...I hope...I don't think it will...but I hope it will.....

..........you'd have pockets of hardcore jobos thinking that this was the great trib.

I'm thinking in terms of the Japanese soldiers that emerge from the jungle from time to time, unaware that the war is over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit