Wt contradiction

by poopie 11 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    7/15/2010 wt says"in more recent times opposers of true worship similarly used the threat of isolation in an effort to put fear in the hearts of true christians. Sounds a lot like shunning.
  • kramer
    kramer
    You have trouble writing in coherent english don't you?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    The WTS has to hold some kind of record for saying/printing contradictory things...
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    OMG if that ain't calling the kettle black.
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Isolation=Persecution of JWs

Shunning=Loving provision for EXJWs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I guess this is what the O P was referring to.

July 15 2010 p 12-13

Rabshakeh told Hezekiah’s representatives: “This is what the great king, the king of Assyria, has said: ‘What is this confidence in which you have trusted? . . . Look! you have put your trust in the support of this crushed reed, Egypt, which, if a man should brace himself upon it, would certainly enter into his palm and pierce it.’” (2 Ki. 18:19, 21) Rabshakeh’s accusation was false, for Hezekiah had not made an alliance with Egypt. Still, the accusation emphasized what Rabshakeh wanted the Jews to remember clearly: ‘No one will come to your aid. You are on your own—isolated.’
    In more recent times, opposers of true worship similarly used the threat of isolation in an effort to put fear in the hearts of true Christians. One Christian sister, who was imprisoned for her faith and isolated from fellow believers for years, later recounted what helped her not to succumb to fear. She said: “Prayer helped me to draw close to Jehovah . . . I remembered the assurance at Isaiah 66:2, that God looks ‘to the one afflicted and contrite in spirit.’ This was always a source of strength and great comfort to me.” Likewise, a brother who spent years in solitary confinement said: “I came to realize that the small rectangle of a cell could also be a universe when one enjoys an intimate relationship with God.” Yes, having a close relationship with Jehovah gave these two Christians the strength needed to cope with isolation. (Ps. 9:9, 10) Their persecutors could separate them from family, friends, and fellow believers, but the imprisoned Witnesses knew that their opposers could never isolate them from Jehovah.—Rom. 8:35-39.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

kramer3 hours ago
    You have trouble writing in coherent english don't you?
    Not at all, poopie is straight to the point.
    We love poopies posts. Poopie & brand new are our pride & joy
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

2010 is sooo old light.

The 2015 new light states that opposers of true worship will now use the threat of lawsuit in order to strike fear into the bank accounts of true pedophile protectors.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Oh that 's a priceless one sparrowdown. Thumbs up to you...

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    The good looking one in the blue dress is a big mistake on the part of the WT. She is the shunned one and looks good for it. The rest are all colourless, just like the WT wants them to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit