Clarification & Apology

by Amazing 60 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

Hoping for recovery for Amazing. Life is so short.

My entire support and sympathy, go to Simon. and his wife and children.They have been greatly wronged here.I would not blame him for anything he decided to do regarding this matter.

Edited by - wednesday on 28 January 2003 19:38:5

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Amazing:

Wish you well, you are a fine asset here and if you are ever in the Palm Springs area, please e-mail me, my house is open to you!

[email protected]

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Simon:

Overall, you are doing a great job here and do a great job of defending your viewpoints, which, in the end, I can respect. Keep it up........

• teejay
    teejay
    I agree, TJ, that Amazing went about things wrong. But living with a person whose got a heart problem, I know that Amazing is not seeing things clearly at the moment and is emotional. -- refiners fire
    Knowing Amazing, ... I called [him] on the phone... -- Cassiline

It's good when we have a personal interest and knowledge of fellow posters and what they may be / could be / probably are going thru. It helps because it adds something in the way of understanding and insight to the cold, hard words that are read onscreen. Not many have that advantage, however.

I say for the third time: TH could have handled his dispute with Amazing much better than he did, but as it is with Jim, Charlie has been dealing with some issues, too. That being said, IMO (and because of TH's personal situation) very few of those banned from JW.com ever offered much of value to this forum and in most cases their banning was more than justified.

That being said... people do change and grow. Tina/Valentine -- long banned from here and consistently one of my least favorite of ALL JW.com posters -- and I have recently struck up a ... um ... warm (?) understanding. In her and my past dealings, I was wrong, she was wrong, we each tentatively admitted as much, and moved on to a level of "friendship" I didn't think possible. People can do that. People do do that. Should those now banned be excluded forever because of past indiscretions? To that question even the JWs answer "no." Could/should it ever be said that JWs are better than us when it comes to treating others humanely?

One last point:

Some have suggested the irrelevance of this forum -- that we take it too seriously. They have said that expulsion from here is far less important than being df'd from the JW congo. Is that so? It all depends. Some of us have become attached to those we've "met" online here. We look forward to aposafests, simply because we yearn to meet a "Waiting" or a "Six" or a "Bigboi" because we feel we know -- and really do know -- the person behind the posts we've read for so long.

That's how it is in life. Here and there, we are nothing but bound and defined by our words, and I dare say that we've spent waaay more quality time with fellow posters here than we ever spent with "brothers and sisters" at the hall. We prolly spend more time with each other here than we spend with some of our blood relatives.

So, it only makes sense that we'd be upset to be excluded from the group. If we WEREN'T upset, how human (humane) would we be?

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Teejay - its posts like the one above is the reason you are one of my most favorite posters!

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I have to agree pettygrudger. TJ's post put everything into prospective. Well said TJ!

Frankly I think I'd be more upset being banned from here than being DF'd, as I didn't give a rat's ass when that happened, haha

• Prisca
    Prisca

Thanks Cassi for clarifying what happened with Amazing. I severely doubted that there was ever any maliciousness in Amazing's motives. Amazing comes across as a very genuine guy, and I am sure he never expected the reaction that he generated.

I have read where some claim that TH was baited. I severely doubt this as well. Even if he was baited, there was no excuse for the abusiveness with which TH responded. TH has been warned time and again for his behaviour on this board, and his deletion by Simon has been a long time coming. I personally didn't feel comfortable having a poster on the board that has harrassed and threatened posters on this site, including myself.

• Valis
    Valis

I think bringing someone's health into this is besides the point, particularly when the originator says plainly he mentioned it to remind us of the short time we have together and not a determining factor for saying what he did.. He was in his right mind and knew exactly what he was posting. Please give some of us a break and don't dilude the subject/insult one's intelligence by claiming Amazing didn't know what he was posting and didn't know the kind of response anyone would expect. IMO I doubt he would agree with you anyway on those points. If I'm wrong then I will apologize to him directly and by email. I also wanted to say I probably jump in too much and "help" where I shouldn't, but it is as TJ says

Some of us have become attached to those we've "met" online here. We look forward to aposafests, simply because we yearn to meet a "Waiting" or a "Six" or a "Bigboi" because we feel we know -- and really do know -- the person behind the posts we've read for so long.

Edited to say I should have finished off my thought by saying knowing someone includes knowing their assenine qualities and loving them just the same. that doesn't mean hatefulness should be accepted or tollerated here, but as bigboi said earlier context is important and we are all in the same boat. It would be a pleasure to meet Trauma Hound and Amazing...which I'm sure would be enlightening and fun....and I'm sure in person we would give each other lots of shit....different and much less than happens with just words on the board, but sass just the same.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 28 January 2003 21:27:26

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

I stated what I did about his health for two reasons, the stresses I mentioned both posters to be under and also my main concern for calling him was his precarious health, which is why I concentrated on his health to begin with. I then go on to say,

I state this not for sympathy for Amazing but to perhapsshow why the post did not come off as he first intended

It seems as if many on this forum speculate as to why one may or may not do something, the stresses and strains of everyday life have may have an impact on how one responds not just their health. I also state,

He stated he obviously did not clarify himself and the main objective on his part was to try and show that life is short and not to dwell on the negatives,

Looks as if I should have made myself a bit clearer and mentioned the brevity of life in the first quote as well, as I do not want to insult anyone nor have you all believe he stated that to me. He did not in anyway shape or form. I was speculating on his original post ( and things that I thought of about the two posters ) where he mentions his health condition, not this one .

Edited by - cassiline on 28 January 2003 22:19:42

• kelpie
    kelpie
    I think there is too much of this comparing deactivation from a forum with disfellowshipping.

Simon is right...

Come on peoples!! This isnt the only forum on the the whole entire internet that bans people... Do those people compare it to being disfellowshipped.

EVERY and I mean EVERY forum/chat room whatever that you go to has moderators and ways and means to ban people.. And they do....

I used to host my own chat room and I would ban people that couldnt abide by the rules. Its not a matter of people setting someone up, its the matter of people not following a few SIMPLE rules that have been outlined for us..

So if the moderators see us breaking the rules after REPEATED warnings they have every right to ban us.. Go to Yahoo or Mplayer or to MSN and as the moderators there if they ban people...

Every thing in life has rules that need to be followed.. Deal with it!

To Simon and all the moderators, you do a great job, no body is perfect so we cannot expect perfecton from you...

Amazing, I hope you get well soon..

TH - I wish you peace and happiness

Kelps (of the sorry had to vent class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit