bloody religion !!! how could any sane people do this - 2 girls to be raped as a punishment for their brother's "crime."

by fulltimestudent 17 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

been sitting on this for a few days, confining my anger, to an area where I can control it.

Two Indian sisters to be raped as 'punishment' after brother eloped

Two sisters in India - one aged only 15 years - are to be raped as "punishment" for their brother running away with a married woman from a higher caste in the latest case to shock the country.
    Meenakshi Kumari, who is 23, and her younger sister, will then be paraded naked with their faces blackened through the streets, according to a ruling from the all-male village council.
    The family are from the Dalit caste, historically known as "untouchables". However, the brother fell in love with a woman from the higher, Jat, caste. (but) The woman was forced into an arranged marriage in February with a man from her own caste despite her relationship, according to Zee news, citing the elder sister Meenakshi. The couple (then) eloped in March, but returned to the village after the man's family were allegedly tortured by police.

The village council then made its ruling that the Dalit family should be dishonoured to "avenge" the brother's supposed crime.
    Meenakshi and her sister ran away to the capital after the ruling was handed out and were able to submit their petition for protection for their family at the Supreme Court. However, they are still facing the punishment when they return home.

Khap panchayats are the archaic systems of village justice that exist in much of rural India. They are dominated by the Jat caste and are almost always run by male village elders.
    The "courts" often order honour killings and sexual "punishments" and are frequently allowed to operate completely outside the Indian legal system, despite the Supreme Court labelling them "kangaroo courts". Jats are powerful sources of votes and few politicians have been prepared to challenge the system.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/two-indian-sisters-to-be-raped-as-punishment-after-brother-eloped-20150829-gjauvn.html#ixzz3kX53cRIG

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

The article says the two sisters are to be raped and paraded around naked. I would hope that this is some figurative ancient ritualistic punishing ceremony and not to be taken as something they actually planning on doing for real!

If they plan on really doing this then my first question is who would be chosen as the one to do the rape? And whom ever is chosen I doubt he'll be around long if he actually goes through with it.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

truthseeker, this type of thing is quite real in other parts of the world.

I don't doubt this will indeed happen.

Seriously, look at ISIS stories,or N Korea, or Saddam Hussein..... reality.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

truthseeker, this type of thing is quite real in other parts of the world.

I know that's why I said I would hope.

Sounds like something right out of the Hebrew Scriptures to me.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Anything we know, is just the tip of the iceberg.

The caste system (upper class, and the Dalits or untouchables) is part of the Hindu worldview.

This video is from an Indian TV news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgZNWRjzzHU

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    I love how people think Indian Hindu's, etc are harmless, peaceful, etc. They are about as harmless as ISIS, and examples like this PROVE it. People who think India is so great, should try living in that stinking sh*t-house. Me? No thanks.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Please, please sign the petition on the Amnesty site. They have been stopping hideous punishments including death sentences for fifty years. Just takes two minutes. Please take the time, it really works. Amnesty's slogan is 'the world is watching'. Let's show India the world is watching them now.

http://www.amnesty.org.uk/

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

I always thought Hindus were nice and peaceful...

obviously not.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    Xanthippe 5 minutes ago
    Please, please sign the petition on the Amnesty site.

Signed it. Great idea, Xanthippe..

You could start a new thread with an eye-catching title?

I would have done, but it was your idea to post that.

We'll all bump it and help them reach 300,000!! (Must resist urge to swear at that village council..)

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Defender of Truth, I followed your suggestion, thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit