HOW TO DISFELLOW ONE SELF?

by kls 12 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

I've disfellowshiped myself from the org. 27yrs ago .

• happyout
    happyout

The only way to be disfellowshipped is to commit some crime "sin", go before a judicial committe, and be deemed unrepentant. Your husband would supposedly not talk to you about spiritual matters, but that might be allowed in this case since he is your "spiritual head". You can "disassociate" yourself without the hoopla of a judicial meeting. To do that, you just write a letter to the local KH, and say you no longer want to be considered a Jehovah's Witness. You can give reasons or not as you choose.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do.

Edited by - happyout on 27 January 2003 14:18:24

• larc
    larc

My question is: after so many years out, why bother?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

After 27 years , your local congregation would not be expected to have any record of you. So you would not be on any list of "Publishers" lapsed or otherwise.

If you wanted to wipe the slate clean you may write a letter to the cong , stating that you do not wish to be known as a J W. This is a formal disassociation . Unless things have changed in the last 4 years, and assuming that you live together, the only sanction is that your husband "Must not discuss Christian things" with you and would say a prayer with you.

Anyone ,even close family, living outside the home are nowadays told to shun the dis. ones completely. Think carefully before taking action .

• nonjwalltheway
    nonjwalltheway

My advice is to tell the JW's to DELETED!

Edited by - Englishman on 27 January 2003 18:42:18

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I would agree to think carefully before doing anything.

If there is any family involvement at all it will be curtailed. It may make things more difficult with your spouse since you won't be invited to any type of social event or anything.

Since it has been so long ago, no one would consider you a JW anyway.

If it were me, I would just let the matter rest.

*****Rub a Dub

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If they are not bugging you, I would not do anything.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

• freedom96
    freedom96

A question to ask yourself, might be : Why allow some organization that you don't care about control or dictate what happens to you? Why care if you are df'd, or for that matter, even da'd?

In my opinion, there is much more heartache and trouble ahead if things are stirred up. I would just leave well enough alone.

Why allow them to label you?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Ah, if there are no problems, why create them? Best to let it lie.

ash

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

More importantly, if you Disfellowship or Disassociate youself, you won't be allowed to talk to yourself any more. If you ask yourself a question, you may have the urge to leave the room.

*****Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit