Flashbulbs

by RubaDub 10 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Can someone explain the paranoia that exists regarding Flashbulbs at the assemblies ???

I mean, it's not like we have never seen them before and they would draw our attention away from something. If anything, when you see a lot of flashing lights, it draws attention TO the person or event, NOT to the cameras. I just never thought after seeing someone taking a picture, "wow !!! that person has a camera with a flash!!!"

Why do they make such a big deal over such a common thing ???

*****Rub a Dub

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Afriad of epileptic seizures perahps?

• Matty
    Matty

Witnesses get themselves into so much of a lather at conventions that the chairman does well to stop them screaming "I love you Jack Dowson Ahhhh!!!" and running onto the platform in hysteria. Without some control you wouldn't be able to see a convention properly for all the flashbulbs going off, and people running about with camcorders, hence the plea for calm during the intoduction of the convention dramas.

• Francois
    Francois

I don't for a minute believe any such positive motivation.

This is just another area, another detail, in which the society can exercise control, demonstrate that they are in control, of its members. It's what they DO. Just another cheap opportunity for them to demonstrate their power over their membership.

Ya can't be walked on unless you lie down first.

francois

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

This is just another area, another detail, in which the society can exercise control, demonstrate that they are in control, of its members. It's what they DO. Just another cheap opportunity for them to demonstrate their power over their membership.

Yep. I agree with Francois.

Yet another aspect of their lives in which the rank & file JW allows themselves to be manipulated and controlled.

What a sad and pathetic way to live.

• Ed
    Ed

I've heard that it's because they videotape the assembly programmes (especially the dramas) and they don't like having the finished video ruined by bright flashes every couple of seconds. Either that or the speakers & performers find it distracting.

• Matty
    Matty

It is dumb to use a flashbulb in a big stadium though isn't it? It's like spitting in the ocean and expecting the sea level to go up!

• AnotherEscapee
    AnotherEscapee

Perhaps it's because it will shock the dubs into life and they'll realising what a load of s**t their listening to! Sorry about s**t word!

• Francois
    Francois

There are flash cameras by the zillions at rock concerts, and I don't notice that it distracts the performers there.

It DOES demonstrate a complete and total misunderstanding of how flash works, especially on those little cameras, but the principles apply to large flash guns as well. It doesn't matter how good your gun is, if you're up in the cheap seats and use a flash, all you're going to get is perfect pictures of the back of people's heads in the next ten rows...your flash ain't ever going to reach the stage and illuminate anything. Nice head shots though.

francois

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

What?! They're STILL announcing that? They quit turning the lights off for dramas back in the 80's! Even then, nobody paid any attention to the "ban" and I never heard of it being enforced.

I remember "back in the day" they used to turn off the lights for dramas and use stage lights and spotlights in indoor facilities. Then one convention came around and the lights stayed on during the drama. I heard it was because when the lights went out, a little too much hanky-panky was going on up in the nosebleed sections. Hmmmmm.....now I got it figured out.

It's all Francois' fault! Nice going Francois! Thanks a lot! Ruin it for everyone else because you just had to get some!

Mike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit