Why did Jehovah Kill all the animals in the flood? What purpose did it serve??

by pistolpete 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Brown
    James Brown

I really don't know why Jehovah had a flood. I know he did not. It is all myth. But from a mythological stand point the global flood, all the killing and blood shed did not endear me to the mythical biblical god.

• Simon
    Simon

It would be a compelling story to those who had heard of "a / the great flood". Piggy back onto a pre-existing myth and claim "our god did that".

Just like fiction now will weave in real events, like a hero fighting in WWII.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Perhaps you all are seeing it from a human viewpoint. Who saw the film Prometheus? His race was responsible for seeding the earth. But then they realized they created a pest and wanted to get rid of it. Thinking here of the dinosaurs. Experiment gone wrong perhaps?

Another analogy of an ant farm. If your beloved ants escaped and infested your room, you get rid of them very quickly. Same with an infestation of cockroaches. You call pest control. In one of the states in the US they reintroduced wolves. The wolves did so well, they are busy legislating for them to be culled to a more managable 1500 or so. By the way, the legislation was introduced by ranchers.

Or the clever people create this wonderful virus. But now it starts killing people. Now they work around the clock to get rid of it.

So all these things depend on the viewpoint of the interested parties. Don't think compassion comes into it.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

The ancients, the originators of compelling over the top bullshit, particularly when it came to telling stories about their gods, such as how great and powerful they were.

In a lot of respects the battle between who's god is the almightiest still goes on to this day and who is their favorite ............Hint !

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

God killing all of his creative animals in a worldwide flood contradicts how he instructs humans to take care of animals in the Bible.

Does it not ?

• menrov
    menrov

Not all animals were killed. Fish and birds survived :-)

But true, if the story is true, why kill all land animals. But also: why so many people? I cannot believe ALL people on earth were evil and deserved to die.

And look now, has the world become so much better compared to the times of the flood? Or are there still evil people? Through Adam and Eve sin came into the world. Sin was not removed with the flood. So, a flood actually would never help if sin would not be taken away as well. Noah and his family continued to spread sin.

• johnamos
    johnamos
    I cannot believe ALL people on earth were evil and deserved to die.

So based on that statement, you believe evil people deserve to die.

What do you consider evil and where did you get your sense to determine that?

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    Fish and birds survived

Most birds can't swim.

With the earth literally 100% covered in water, the salinity of the water would be consistent worldwide. So did the freshwater fish die? Or the saltwater fish? Or both?

I guess the seagulls and the ducks were OK.

Oh. Except for not having anything to eat for a year.

Everything died.

Except all vegetation. Olive trees, and everything else, survived after an entire year underwater and without sunlight.

OK, gotta stop. Trying to think this stupidly makes my head hurt.

• menrov
    menrov

@Johnamos, I guess the influence of the WT on your thinking skills is still significant. For your education: it was the God of the bible who said all men were evil and as a result, deserved to die. I just disagree with that statement as I believe children are not evil but still died in the flood.

@FFghost, birds cannot swim...really? That's your counter argument? Still suffering from WT influence on thinking skills.

You could consider reading the story and notice fish were not in the ark. Birds were as I guess most birds might be killed in the flood. Birds though that can eat fish could have survived. Its just a viewpoint, not a doctrine.

• johnamos
    johnamos
    I cannot believe ALL people on earth were evil
    I believe children are not evil

You have two statements as to what you believe in regards to evil.

On the first one since you don't believe ALL people are evil does it mean that you believe SOME people are evil?

On the second one since you don't believe children are evil does it mean you believe adults are evil?

In either case do you believe ANYONE is evil and if so do you believe that an evil person deserves to die?

Where did you get your sense of judging what makes a person evil?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit