WHERE DID ALL THAT WATER GO?

by MYOHNSEPH 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xander
    Xander

Pfft, c'mon you heathens, don't you know god can do anything? He obviously added all those fake tree rings to those trees to make you think they were older than they were. And the mountains? Well, they just LOOK millions of years old, there really only a few centuries old. Silly heathens. So what if it doesn't make sense, god can change physics around whenever he wants and reverse any evidence of it happening, AND plant evidence to the contrary at the same time!

And, of COURSE he would plant so much fake evidence that all points to the same fake conclusion! Don't you understand, he wants to test your faith because he LOVES you!! And, you'd better stop believing everything all the evidence points to and start believing what we say, real soon! After all, god talks to us and us alone (make sure to sign your checks, please, thanks) and you'll burn in hell forever if you don't stop your doubting ways!

• hooberus
    hooberus

AlanF your posts have convinced me that evolutionary interpretations of historical geology are absolutely right and that our great-great grandparents really, really, really, were fish who lived millions of years ago. Thanks, hooberus

• rem
    rem

AlanF your posts have convinced me that evolutionary interpretations of historical geology are absolutely right and that our great-great grandparents really, really, really, were fish who lived millions of years ago. Thanks, hooberus
    At the very least you should be convinced that there was no global flood.
    rem

• AlanF
    AlanF

C'mon, hooberus. You know perfectly well that nothing anyone says, nor any possible evidence, could change your mind about your "knowledge" of how the world came to be so. Quit pretending.

AlanF

• hooberus
    hooberus

really Alan, I believe it!! The whole story. After all the evidence is overwhelming that parcticles (over millions of years of course) were transformed into self-replicating living cells with all their enzymes, proteins, coded DNA, and RNA. And then these became multi-cell creatures then fish, which turned into amphibians, then the amphibians turned into reptiles, then the cold-blooded reptiles turned into warm-blooded hot fashion models like Cindy Crawford (more millions of years). I think that evolutionary theory is A GREAT THE ONLY way to interpret historical geology, after all when one is looking at different strata which rests on each other conformally the only way to see the millions of years inbetween is to KNOW that evolution is true. I can't wait to go to the ocean to see some former cows whales.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Once again, alanF, you dropped some mighty big knowledge. Thanks for all the research.

To symbolize you giving knowledge (which is commonly believed to be a special ability given by the almighty Hat) to Asses, here is a pic.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Hooberus, as usual your comments well illustrate the great divide between thinking human beings and Fundamentalists, particularly Fundies of the YEC persuasion. We were discussing the lack of evidence for Noah's Flood, and when challenged with some of this evidence all you could manage was the standard fallback -- beating up on "evolution" -- a concept you don't even understand. All you know is what Fundie "lights" have told you, which is about as representative of the facts as are descriptions of "evolution" by "lights" such members of the Watchtower Writing Department. You people conflate everything you don't like into the One Big Nasty -- EVOLUTION. One way or another your moronic leaders can find a way to shoehorn it in. Your last post shows how easy it is to do.

Nor do you have any sense of history. The historical fact is that in the early 19th century the most prominent and respected geologists were all Christians. Mostly they were trying to prove the Bible true via their geological research, in particular, with respect to proving Noah's Flood a historical reality. A good deal of geological terminology was coined by these people, such as "diluvium". Fortunately these men, quite unlike the great lights of the so-called "flood geology" persuasion such as George McCready Price and Henry Morris, had the intellectual honesty to admit that their researches proved that the various things they were investigating, such as sedimentary deposits, had nothing to do with a recent "Noah's Flood". Indeed, they continued on their Christian path and set the record straight about their observations and conclusions, some even admitting that their motives had not been scientific but religious, and that it was only the massive, hard evidence that made them change their minds. So it was good, solid Christians -- which do not include YECs because YECS repudiate Christianity by their intellectual dishonesty -- who established the foundations of geology by about 1830. That even includes that most dastardly of anti-God concepts, the geologic column.

It continues to amaze me that people who are completely ignorant of history and science have so much to say about them. But that seems to be fundamental to the Fundamentalist religious experience.

AlanF

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

What does YEC stand for?

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

Young Earth Creationism.

Simply, it's the school of thinking that holds the earth was created by God exactly the way the Bible describes (and uses biblical chronology as a timeline). They deny that evolution is possible.

I'm not going to enter this debate other than to say that it always amuses me when people believe in a divine, almighty creator, and then limit his powers of creation denying that ANY other explanation but the simplest one man has recorded ("He pointed a finger, and it happened...it says right here!") is possible. Talk about hubris.

I'm just sayin'.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Hooberus-demonstrating ignorance in the face of hard facts.....and religion isn't a disease?

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit