So Torn...

by Englishman 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yup!

Sunday lunchtime in merry England!

Number 3 son just phoned me from Old Trafford, he's wangled a ticket to watch Manchester United versus West Ham.

I can't make up my mind whether to:

(a) Try to spot him on the telly where the match is being shown now on BBC 1.

(b) Go down the pub for a pint of lunch beer.

Damn! Life can be so tricky at times....

Englishman.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh my! You have such a hard life man!!! what to do,what to do???? I would stay home & watch the match- You can always go for a beer when its over ( or are the pubs shut by then??

• Matty
    Matty

Go down the pub E'man!!! And good luck Hammers! Well, this merry Englander has just come back from the meeting and is now completely cream-crackered as he got home last night at 4am because he was hanging out with some evil apostates - never has a meeting been so torturous as it was this morning!

• Simon
    Simon

I'm surprised you could even hear the meeting after the bawling last night

• Englishman
    Englishman

Problem solved!

The match is being shown on the telly in the pub!

Englishman.

• Matty
    Matty

Excellent E'man - get down there! Darn it Giggsy has scored!

Simon, I heard worse bawling this morning! A visiting sister was sitting next to me and she was singing like, well, it sounded like a cat being tortured - it was unbearable. And she thought she was so good as well, holding the notes longer than everyone else, with her songbook aloft!

Edited by - matty on 26 January 2003 8:21:49

• D8TA
    D8TA

* looks around *

http://www.rathergood.com/chicken/

* runs away *

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

*runs after D8TA [cuz that was funny!] and wants to tell him so*

• Englishman
    Englishman

It all came together in the end. Went to the pub, WoW! jellied eels on the bar 4 free, yumm! Saw Man U hammer West Ham for 6 - 0, great stuff from Giggsy, even though I'm not a United fan.

Englishman.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

*groan*

West Ham are playing terribly. I think my dog plays better football than they are this season.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit