Islamaphobia

by Joe Grundy 10 Replies latest social current

• Joe Grundy
  • cofty
    cofty
    Hitch telling it like it is without fear of favour.
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Absobloodylutely!
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    Such a loss..... I wish he was still with us.
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Hitchens hits the nail squarely on the head in this interview.  Islam is a set of beliefs (and some really bad ones at that) and not a race.

"Islamaphobic" is a word created by fascists, and used cowards, to manipulate morons.

- Andrew Cummins

• Simon
    Simon

He was warning people what was developing in the world years before everyone else realized what was going on.

A great man, intelligent and outspoken. Sorely missed.

• bohm
    bohm
    This may be a good place to plug his biography "Hitch 22". Hitchens is most famous for his oratory skills, however he really shines in the written word.
  • cofty
    cofty
    I echo bohm's recommendation for "Hitch 22".
  • Shanagirl1
    Shanagirl1

Chris Hitchens was awesome.  I used to love to listen to him. I loved his ideas. He is missed for sure.

• andrekish
    andrekish

The problem here is on BOTH sides potentially.  It is true that Islam indicates that the 'infidel', non-believer should be killed.  I know for a personal fact having been given a promotional book about Islam by a practicing Muslim - who did not agree with the opening words of the book: "Kill the infidel, kill him."  Those are the verbatim actual real life words.  Kinda made me question Islam 'coz that means peace, not kill.  This killing off of us infidels is being promoted amongst many of the fanatics and extremists within Islam.

Kind of reminds me of the fanatical Christians hurling abuse at the funerals of homosexual or lesbian folk.  And the Israelis marching to promote the war against Palestine, or what's left of it these days.  Or the Hamas marches demanding the end of the Jews.  And Ukraine didn't do itself any favours over the last few years either.

We have extreme people amongst us who happily find any excuse to harm of kill anyone they have a mind to. 

In the UK years ago the Brits found a good excuse to annihilate German cities with hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths.  I have no sympathy for any serving military personnel who go and get themselves hurt in war since it takes at least two sides to argue and they are one of the sides with weapons that kill wherever they are pointed.  The Germans had at that time, however, dreamed up, what seemed to them a good idea, and they slaughtered millions.  There is no country with clean hands.

Islamic extremism is today's western media and government target.  Western Governments and media are the target of Islamic theocracies.  So why do both sides always keep killing civilians who get in their way?  The West is as guilty as the East.  The North is as guilty as the South.  All kill civilians.

They are all terrorists.  None has the right to drop a bomb amongst civilians.  None has the right to point any weapon at a child and pull the trigger.  The history of humanity is littered with the blood and bones and guts and brains of man spilled everywhere.

In fact - most of human kind are indeed terrorists - they end up supporting mad reasons to kill each other.

(Je ne suis pas Charlie 'coz he's rude to people and I have more intelligence than to go around deliberately winding up the people with guns - especially since we all know they will use them if provoked - and there ain't no such thing as freedom of speech anywhere - for example only here just ask those who promote child abuse - some stuff IS illegal and very rightly so.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit