A letter from prison and more family ill will.

by Valis 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

((((((Valis & Ambush)))))

I'm so sorry your brother is going through this, but like a lot of people have already said, it's not a permanent setback and possibly will help him realize what he needs to do with his life. You're a good brother to care so much!

(BTW, Big Tex & I are computer-less at home - hard drive's being replaced - or we would have posted to you sooner.)

Lots of love,

Nina

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Valis - having had an older brother that lived (or leached) with me for 6 years & was in & out of prison quite a few times, I know how you feel. The problem is, or at least in my experience I found, there is no way to "save them" if they wish not to be saved. Regardless of why they are the way they are, if they want to change they can- and no one can make them "want" to. Its wonderful that you have gone to the lengths you have for him, but I shudder to think of the deep sense of failure & disillusionment you may have to face (as I did) when you realize that the problem couldn't be "fixed" by your efforts. He's a youngin - and has absolutely everything going for him. It doesn't sound as if he "jumped off the deep end" this time, - just was skirting the edges of the pool. So perhaps after he's done, he'll learn that even associating with those cretins posts too much of a a risk.

Whatever the outcome - let him know that we are "cheering" for him, and that if he needs support to overcome whatever obstacles he faces - we are here to listen. And to you too - hats off to you for giving him as much support as you have, but please make sure you take care of you too (emotionally - I know how hard it is).

Ambush - come on out, join the real world & learn to truly live. You are a beautiful human being and soul - you need to know that, and learn to live that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit