A comforting thought

by Truth and Justice 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

I have not been on the board in a long time, and as I started reading some of the posts, I could not believe how many new faces or names have appeared on this site. It is certainly alot more than I could count. It builds more confidence in me, that the other have of my immediate family will open their eyes. There is way too much going on within the society just in the last 8 to 12 months, which would lead some to think of going onto a website privately in there own homes to see what is really going on within the watchtower society. And so it leads me to ask this question:

How strong of a feeling do you have that you are planning to leave the organization? Do you see yourself out within a month, 3 months, or 6 months?

It seems that it lights up this board when we hear of people leaving and becoming free. And to be able to enjoy all the things that we were meant to enjoy. I dream of a day when not only my family, but all of you who have family still in can be let loose from the bondage of slavery.

Happy Trails to all! Truth and Justice

• Ghiagirl
    Ghiagirl
    I left last year, honestly I would have never left if I never got pregnant, and if I never got harassed by the elders in my congregation even before I found out I was pregnant because I was dating a baptized brother and I was not yet baptized. The way they chased my now husband and I out is what led to us never going back. Having them call, email, text, send certified letters, come knock on our door at night....they couldn't wait to disfellowship my husband. Having them before the harassment pull me in the back room and ask me if I am having sex with my boyfriend!! Why would I tell you, you creepy old brothers. I don't even know you! I was not truly awake until I saw my husbands whole family drop him after one announcement. To see the pain and hurt he had for months and months even to this day. That is what woke me up. But if that never happened I may have never truly realized the organization for what it really is. Some people leave cause they want to live their lives but still think it is the truth. But I have so much respect for those who disassociate themselves. Making it known you left because they no longer want to be apart of a religion made up of lies. I understand why people fade I wish my husband and I could have because all of his family are witness's and only my immediate family is, but it could have made things a little easier. But at the end of the day we are truly happy to live our lives without having to watch our back or hide it!!!
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Truth and Justice

Their is a newbie almost everyday that is joining this site , there are many factors contributing to this , as I see it.

1. The the Royal Commission of Australia into Child sexual Abuse by Institutions , Jehovah`s Witnesses Case 29

2. A similar investigation in the U.K. into child sex abuse ,Jehovah`s Witnesses

3 .Jw.org the official website of Jehovah`s Witnesses and their pathetic programs ,of 3rd grade intelligence .

4 Presenters on JW.ORG who wear pinky rings worth xxxx amount of dollars and designer watches that are worth xxxx amount of dollars , not to mention the cuff links and tie pins worth xxxxx amount of dollars .

These Governing Body members do not work for a living , so the question is asked where do they get this money to wear such expensive jewelry

smiddy

• Perry
    Perry

Their reason for discarding the New Covenant (the one that gets your sins forgiven before God) has crumbled with the changes to the 1914 date setting issue which is connected to the the 144K BEING OUR EARTHLY RULERS.

Now they have non-annointed members on the GB. In 20 years I predict that most JW's will want to get their sins forgiven and will embrace this most basic teaching of Jesus.

Matthew 26:27-28

And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Perry:/

So your prediction is in 20 years most witnesses will drink from the blood of Christ "FOR THE REMMISSION OF SINS"

Arnt you focusing on the " trivial"?

What is the point of drinking Jesus blood, if you still believe in " ethnic cleansing" and look forward to the slaughter of all those that don't conform to your understanding of " Bible" tolerance?

Yes drink of the blood of Christ, but still look forward to the day God destroys our Gay, Athiest, Muslim ect neighbours. With that attitude to me that point of view is meaningless, and a cup not even worth sipping from.

Was not the most basic teaching of Christ " Let he who is without sin cast the first stone? If so is not drinking symbolic red wine, just like appreciating a beautiful red rose?

The Rebel.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Perry - there is nobody on the G.B. who does not claim to be anointed. FYI.

It's a prerequisite to moving upstairs to the bling room!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I don't remember ever seeing this many new ones. I think the child abuse issues, total lack of love in the congregations and the governing body and their blatant demands for money are starting to wake people up.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Yes...just allowing oneself to look at the org from the OUTSIDE in, really highlights the wackiness of it all....
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I left a few years ago because after a lifetime of doubts, it was finally time to start living my own life, and I didn't want my kids to be pressured to get baptized and repeat the cycle of guilt/obligation, and I had found Christ and wanted to go to a different church and could not pass the bread and wine at another memorial. Those three reasons.

I do hope there is a mass awakening, and with kids growing up with things like the Hunger Games and standing up to institutions that do NOT have your best interest at heart, but their own agendas, and seeing the intolerance and stupidity of the highest up members for your own eyes, instead of thinking they are some super wise mystical men, and some realizing the attempted mind control of Caleb and Sophia for small children, and the org flip flopping on so many teachings, and so many people hurt by their practices and doctrine...and through all of this, a great lack of love, and only backbiting and judgment, people should be waking up, or at least slacking off.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Truth and Justice...

As far as I'm concerned, we are the exodus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit