2003 International Convertion NEW Arrangement

by RubaDub 10 Replies latest social current

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have heard that there will be an announcement of a new arrangement for brothers to receive answers quickly to questions regarding the organization, doctrines or general issues.

Instead of having to write a letter, mail it and wait for a response, there will be a new system that allows a person to call the Society directly and get an answer over the phone. With all of the events currently in the news regarding the organization, I was told this was in response to complaints from both brothers and those sincere interested ones that the response time via regular mail is too long.

As I understand it, the system will operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All the caller will need to do is dial the special number (it will be listed in all publications and flash periodically at the bottom of the screen in all new videos) and be put directly in contact with a person to discuss the issue.

There will be various topic lines such as Doctrines, General Comments, the Daily Text, Secret Sins I Am Trying to Overcome, etc. Those wishing to discuss current or past sins must be 18 years or older. You will have a choice of getting the answer from a brother, a sister, a brother and sister together or two sisters on the line at the same time. A wide range of persons will be available to discuss the topic. For example, a middle aged brother may be experiencing problems with his 20 year old daughter. He may wish to request a sister in that age range to help him get her perspective on the issue.

It will be announced that the new provision will be available to anyone with a major credit card. A suggested contribution will be billed at the rate of $3.95 per minute, the first minute free. Since there may be unbelievers in the household with access to the credit card statements that do not appreciate such loving provisions, it will be discretely billed to your credit card.

Parents motivated by their love for younger ones will want to encourage their teenagers and pre-teens to participate in this new program. Any youth that can reason for himself with access to a valid credit card is eligible and encouraged to use the new system.

All in all, it certainly appears to be a loving new arrangement to assist those with questions and special needs.

***Rub a Dub

• Quotes
    Quotes

You had me going for a second there!

Hey, $3.95 per minute to talk to two women at once... this would certainly help their cash flow!!!

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Hee Hee Hee....and a phone call leaves no paper trail. Bless you, borg, for the new light!

• Beans
    Beans

Yet another WT scam!

• blondie
    blondie

Very convincing until you had 1 or 2 sisters being able to give answers. That will NEVER happen at the WTS. Better an unbaptized man than a sister.

Blondie

• Satanus
    Satanus

I don't know, is this a joke? It would remove the need for praying to and waiting on jehovah. Wt solidifies it's godlike position.

SS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WBTS Psycic Hot Line(Their the only ones who know what god is thinking),and only $3.95 a minute.Now there`s a deal!..$3.95 a minute to hear bullshit,LOL!...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 25 January 2003 19:5:14

• Scully
    Scully

Quotes writes:

Hey, $3.95 per minute to talk to two women at once... this would certainly help their cash flow!!!

Yeah I can see it now:

WTS chick #1: Hey baby, tell me about your <moan> Return Visits this week!! *sigh*

Caller: Well, actually I was calling to find out whether I should turn in a brother for molesting children in the congregation...

WTS chick #2: mmmmmmolesting????? is that what you want to do to me right now???

Caller: What??? Hey I'm looking for some spiritual direction here.....

WTS chick #1: Do you know the way to Georgetown, Ontario?? Get here and we'll give you LOTS of "spiritual direction"!! *giggle*

Caller: Oh crap.... my wife just walked in... <click>

Nah..... it'll never happen.

By the way, whatever happened to "You received free, give free"???

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 25 January 2003 21:3:17

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I also understand that there will be a change in the way Judical Committees are arranged. Due to the extensive workload that Committes place on elders, the arrangement will be streamlined as follows:

1. Judical Committees will be composed of two elders instead of three.

2. Hearings will be limited to 30 minutes and the entire process not to exceed one hour.

3. The first 30 minutes will involve the charges against the accused and testimony from any witnesses.

4. At the end of the 30 minutes, the elders will meet privately for up to 10 minutes to reach a final decision.

5. If at the end of that time no decision is reached, the person (s) will be called back for a 10 minute "overtime" session.

6. At the end of overtime, the elders will have 10 more minutes to privately reach a decision.

7. If no decision is reached, the person (s) will be called back into the room.

8. The elders will produce a coin and allow the accused to inspect it.

9. One of the elders will toss the coin in the air and ask the accused to call "heads or tails" while in the air.

10. If the accused makes the correct call, it will be determined that the person is "innocent."

11. If the accused fails to make the correct call, the person will be considered "guilty."

12. Judical cases which have been Appealed will be handled as above except the coin toss will be a "best out of three."

It should be interesting to see how the new arrangement works.

*****Rub a Dub

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I don't know if the new judicial committee arrangement will work - it doesn't give enough time for elders to pry and hear all the juicy details. Especially if young sisters and sex is involved. If only I knew then what I know now - I wouldn't have had a field day with these guys - they would have had to put their notebooks on their laps!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit