Isn't it odd?

by troucul 12 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hi Bigboi.

I wasn't addressing your post or anyones in particular. Just my thoughts in general on the subject of this countries actions . I find it odd that anyone would expect more of a country than they expect of themselves in issues such as this.

Outoftheorg

• Francois
    Francois

My feeling about all this is that we're going in there whether you personally like it or not. There are compelling reasons of national security that we do it as soon as possible. Those of us who have to go to protect your sorry ass would appreciate it if you'd just stick a sock in it while we do our jobs. And whatever you do, it would be a great help if you wouldn't let on to the enemy any of our battle plans, or in any other way give aid and comfort to Saddam while we go do what we have to do to provide your loud mouth a place to publish your treason.

(This was on the BB at work Friday)

francois

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

The collateral for the loan was Mexico's pledge of revenues from its future petroleum exports. (PE, 1995b)

Fair enough, Soledad, but the only thing the US received as collateral is a pledge. In other words the US got a piece of paper which is depending on the mexicans having enough oil reserves to pay off the loan. Five billion dollars is a lot of money and if these reserves run out the long suffering US taxpayers will be forced to take the hit. Some countrys are already saying they have too much debt and some of this debt should be forgiven. I strongly suspect this will happen in Mexico's case. How long can the US afford to keep the world afloat ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit