ATTN: JW'S...WHERE IS YOUR LOVE???????

by Jacqueline 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Introspection
    Introspection

You know I've been meaning to mention something.. The bible says love your neighbor as yourself, well just look at how JWs treat themselves - if they think that's love no wonder other people are treated the same way!

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Thank you, Jacqueline, for raising this question. If there was love in the organization and among the individuals in the congregation I would still be attending meetings and going in the field service.

Special thanks too to all those who posted in answer to Jacqueline's question. Your answers and scriptural advice I shall take to heart also. May peace, love and joy be with you all.

Warrigal

• mouthy
    mouthy

Warrigal.. HI! havent seen you before ____nice to know your here. I may have missed it if you posted before -- So Just wanted to say Welcome !!!! You will find love here UN conditional not like the Borg... We have some enemies on here also- but we still love em... (((hug for a beginning of a friendship I hope )

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Jacquline,

I am sorry to hear about what happened to you. It is typical in most congregations thou. I too was marked as worldly when I was studing, Until I got baptized I was in the same situation as you. This control is what makes the JW such a cult. Even without the org, You can still be a spiritual person and God will love you still. My thoughts are with you.

• nelly1
    nelly1

aww jacquiline I just want to give you a hugggg, i know exactly what you are talking about beleive me I was a witness for 13 years and i didnt have a boyfriend who was a witness but i was treated just like you, and even after i was baptised, and this is not how jesus or jehovah are, anyone with half a brain can see that u only have to read your bible and learn of jesus personality my friend.....

take heart that you are not alone, and the creator knows your heart, you hang in there we are all in the same boat my friend...

love and huggss

nelly

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello Jacqueline and thank you for sharing your story.

It reminds me of an occassion at my old congregation. J... a lad raised in the congo had become friendly with Kathy , a young divorcee who was studying and progressing toward dubdom.

Immediately , attitudes changed and from being the star pupil , she was seen as a man chaser . Numerous hours of elders meeting time was wasted in wrangling over what to do. To my shame now, I followed the body's direction and made shepherding calls on their friends and counselled them for "Encouraging the liasion".

J & K persisted and, naturally enough , all the pressure made them more determined. They had a quickie Registary Office wedding .

Kathy was still seen as a man chaser and viewed with deep suspicion .She was hurt when an elder wrote her a note addressed to Mrs ....... rather than her first name or "Sister".

Last I heard, their mariage did not seem as happy as your is. - but that was some years ago.

That is what happens when rules get in the way of commen sense.

Common sense says "A believer is someone that beleives the message and accepts its' principles

Rules say " A believer is someone that has sudied the required stuff, answered 80 questions, been nice to the elders and stood up at the Assembly and been baptised .........

Many posters have recounted what Jesus said.

Take care Jackie, you have struck a chord with us here.Keep posting and as we say around here

Non illegetimi carborundum , or "Never let the B......... grind you down !"

• Jacqueline
    Jacqueline

First time in over a year...3rd time in 2 years!

My husband went out in service yesterday...and relayed the following story to me when he got home.

Going from door to door....they were all "not at homes", so they were combing the neighborhood rather quickly looking for people at home...suspicious activity...having people going from door to door that quickly.

The police showed up in the territory they were working and turned on their big red and blue lights. Talk with my husband and let them continue the "ministry work".

Well, today is Sunday, and husband is not going to meeting today. (GOOD!) I anticipated the service thing yesterday was just an offering of peace to get the elders off of his back for awhile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit