ATTN: JW'S...WHERE IS YOUR LOVE???????

by Jacqueline 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jacqueline
    Jacqueline

You all have brought tears to my eyes....thank you, sniff.

So, may I ask now...how do I fulfill my love for God now?

I know I cannot set foot in a "church", but I do not wish to

go to another Kingdom Hall, ever. What about the Memorial?

Isn't that something that God wants us to do? So how do we avoid

going to a KH or church, but yet still do what God wants?

• Introspection
    Introspection

Jacqueline, I would say don't worry about your form of worship. The thing is, God can read your heart right? The love is there no matter what you do, you don't need to be doing certain specific things to have love for God. It's clear that your heart is full of love, just take care not to limit that by ideas that some people have about it. Love takes many forms, the works follow the love, not the other way around.

• blondie
    blondie

What religious group did Abraham or Sarah belong to, or Job, or Noah, or Isaac or Rebekah, or Jacob, or Moses for the first 80 years of his life. You have the scriptures. Here are a few websites that have some good tools for study.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible

http://bible1.crosswalk.com/

Just beware getting entangled into judgmental religious group. As far as your husband, hopefully he sees that the ACTIONS of the JWs speak louder than their WORDS.

Blondie (trying to find my way too)

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Jacqueline, being a disciple of Christ isn't about going to church or knocking on doors. Although all religions preach it, I have yet to find one that actually employs it. Jesus said what his true disciples would be like;

John 13:34. A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

35. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (RSV)

Luke 10: 25. And behold, a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"

26. He said to him, "What is written in the law? How do you read?"

27. And he answered, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself."

28. And he said to him, "You have answered right; do this, and you will live."

29. But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"

30. Jesus replied, "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

31. Now by chance a priest was going down that road; and when he saw him he passed by on the other side.

32. So likewise a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.

33. But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was; and when he saw him, he had compassion,

34. and went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; then he set him on his own beast and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

35. And the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper, saying, 'Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I come back.'

36. Which of these three, do you think, proved neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?"

37. He said, "The one who showed mercy on him." And Jesus said to him, "Go and do likewise." (RSV)

Matt. 19: 16. And behold, one came up to him, saying, "Teacher, what good deed must I do, to have eternal life?"

17. And he said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments."

18. He said to him, "Which?" And Jesus said, "You shall not kill, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness,

19. Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself." (RSV)

Rom. 13: 9. The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and any other commandment, are summed up in this sentence, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

10. Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. (RSV)

Gal. 5: 14. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." (RSV)

James 2: 8. If you really fulfil the royal law, according to the scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well.

9. But if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors. (RSV)

Matt. 7: 12. So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the law and the prophets. (RSV)

Matt. 22: 37. And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.

38. This is the great and first commandment.

39. And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets." (RSV)

What was Jesus real message? Love. All the meeting attendance there is can't replace loving your neighbor, brother and God. It is a way of life, not something for a few times a week. Notice too, Jesus didn't say it was a suggestion, but a COMMANDMENT!

Lew W

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Jacqueline:

For those that know that question is open ended but with dubs they feel it's rehtorical. There is no love everyone is so busy thinking that their "sevice" is earning them brownie points it just doesn't leave time for love. Also when a group has no respect for diversity of thought that nullifies any good fluffy feelings:

Your hubby might want to write my Thunder Rider (hubby) he was raised a witness and left on his own as did I (not that I'm saying those DF or DA are any different) but he may be more willing to communicate with him knowing this. We too met fell in love and I studied my caboose off and was baptized in less than three months before we even married! I was in service in three weeks. Then it all came to a screaching halt after the vows, we even left our honeymoon to go to the memorial but those who had attended had changed it seemed over night.

I know many sisters fantasize that since they are in the same hall the are in the running for a single brother and that causes them to be jealous but in all I find the dubs the most petty jealous people I have ever encountered.

Jac it's not you, it's not your hubby it's not that you were wordly it's THEM. I would venture to guess you are a very pretty woman...death nell in the dubs. The only ones not bothered are the older sisters and THANK GOD I had a few that would communicate with us from time to time or I would have lost it. There was Hildegard Brandner, and Trixie Lynn that saved me in Cabool. Angie Dellapena in Methuen and in Gladstone there was NO ONE.

So your are right to ask whether a practising dub will answer I doubt it they are too busy looking at others to examine themselves.

Please write me if you need to talk my e-mail is on my profile, write Thunder Rider also he can give you insight of a dub that was raised in the "lie".

Keep your chin up and realize they have NO LOVE AMONGST THEMSELVES

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Who said worship had to be in a building> The dubs? I worship in my garden and everytime I look into my children and grandbaby's eyes if God judges me for that, do I really want to worship such a cruel heartless entity?????

• zev
    zev

Jacqueline

don't be in a hurry to do anything. your lucky because you were not fully sucked in and reprogrammed in the fashion of the borg.

you'll find your way after a time. but take that time. let yourself heal, and search for that relationship with god, and jesus at your own pace, in your own way.

i've been out just over a year. i still can't pick up the bible to read it. i've been told it might take years, but she still encourages me here and there, very gently and kindly. but she knows from her own past experience it will be awhile.

don't push to hard. don't get yourself hooked into another cult. be very careful. cults like jw's morman's and many others are very crafty in their decept and trickery. take your time.

then, take some more.

zev/harold

• Jacqueline
    Jacqueline

I most definately would not want to get hooked up with yet a different religion's viewpoints that their religion is the "only right religion." !! ha ha!

Good points you all have.

I just feel like a damn donkey who has sat on her rump and said "No more...not moving a muscle, you can beat or do whatever you want...but I am not budging."

But most importantly, I do love Jehovah, and want to do right by him. I agree that he knows my sincerity in my love for him. So, yes I am recovering from the affects that the JW's pushed upon me...but I am strong. I am just as strong going out as I was going in!

Harold, I wrote to Gwen on my other post, you both sound wonderful...thank you...please keep in touch

Blondie...keep in touch...we can help each other! :)

Sheila...you are right...the sisters were jealous! There were at least 6 of them hot and heavy for him, planning weddings and such. Extremely handsome (to die for!!) and his humor is out of this world!!

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Jacqueline

I'm very sorry to hear how you are treated. Just remember Jesus' words at Matt. 7:15-20 "...by their fruit you will recognize them" (NIV)

Truer words have not been spoken.

Cyrus

• mouthy
    mouthy

So sorry for your treatment in JW-but you ask them where is the love?? >>>>>They are all on this board that is where!!!!Hang in there girl- glad you got a good hubby though-some get stuck with lemons-cant even make lemonade with them ( weather it is male or female)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit