C OF C PART 2

by mackey 16 Replies latest jw friends

• mackey
    mackey

Well, I gave the love of my life c of c last week and guess what? She still hasn't read It. I have never seen anyone so afraid of a book. She's going to try to read It, but isn't making any promises. I know what everyone means when they speak of that invisible wall that comes up when you even slightly challenge their beliefs. She's convinced this book is the work of satan which anyone of sound mind knows that isn't true. She has absoloutly no trust in herself, only jehovah. I told her nothing bad was going to happen to her and that I am her for her in any way I can be and that this book wasn't written out of anger. I can only pray that she will just read enough to have something click in her mind and make her want to finish It. I have never had to deal with the frustration and aggravation that I have had to deal with the past six month's. I expected It, I just hope It's not for nothing. With each passing day my hair gets a little grayer, And I'm only 27!!!

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Oh Mackey!!

I am so sorry she didnt read it yet!!

I was thinking of you and your love just last night wondering what happened.

I noticed your e-mail is open.

If it is ok with you I will do some research and send some WT articles that show they are on shaky ground.

Not major doctrinal beliefs as that might scare her. Just some little quirks that could help her feel more comfortable reading a book by a former GB member.

In the mean time ask her, Why would a man who had a heavenly hope to rule with Jesus write such a book if it was not true?

This statement alone might make her curious enough to start the 1 st chapter.

Im glad you posted today as I had been getting worried.

Know Mackey that both of you are in our prayers and thoughts.

Remember nothing can stop True Love so you and your Lady Fair will live Happily Ever after some day.

Christian Love,

Utopian_Raindrops of The Has Watched Princess Bride Too Many Times Class

P.S. As for your gray hair I think Alberto VO5 makes some hair coloring for men now

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Offer to consider it together in your family study. Seriously, don't know your situation,. but maybe you could offer to read a page of two to her every night. Then again, maybe it would be preferable to let her take her own time. Get her interested in other activities. Take her out. Above all be patient, it works!

• mackey
    mackey

Hi U.R. You're more than welcome to email any info you think might help. Thanks

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

A transition of beliefs takes a lot of time. You need to think in years instead of days. This might be a ten-year project. I hope you have a lot of patience. It has been over ten-years since I learned the truth about the truth and I still have not been able to effectively communicate this to my wife.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Just an idea - tell her there's supposed to be a show about JW's on "the Fifth Estate" CBC (Canada) next Wed. 9 o'clock if you get it in your neck of the woods. I think it's the type of show that will make some think.

But don't push too hard, maybe CofC is enough for now. If she begins to think you're trying to take her out she may decide she has to cut off the relationship.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The Society has infected us all with many phobias. I'm sure many of you also experienced nervousness when reading CofC for the first time. How many of us hid the book, reading small bits of it when no one was looking.

If you can get her to read the book, you win. The fact that she even considered it is a very good sign. If she won't read it, why not print a few articles from the internet, or photocopy a chapter or two from the book. That way she can taste it, without diving in.

As well, I have several documents that are made up 100% of word for word quotations from the society's literature. That can't be apostate, can it? Maybe she would look at something like that. Let me know if you would like me to send you the documents.

• rocketman
    rocketman

mackey, I wish you well.

• mackey
    mackey

Thanks for the offer RunningMan. I'll keep It in mind. I'll wait and see what happen's with c of c. Maybe I'm naive, but as hopeless as this seems and as brainwashed as she is I still think things are going to work out. I have no clue how but I still think It'll work out. You guy's have been my only support and I am very grateful to you all. I hope I'll be able to post some wedding photos on this board.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

It will all work out, Mackey. Everything does, one way or another.

JWs are like people living inside a box. They have no knowledge of any sort of world outside the box. Then one day, one of them will see through a small crack, and realize that there is a real world. The trick is to show them the crack, and convince them that what they see is real.

It doesn't take much, just the right bait for the right person. The fact that she is even considering it is evidence that her mind can be opened.

Keep at it, but subtly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit