The Greatest Paradox

by Perry 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Perry
    Perry

Now that I have been a born again Christian for 10 years, I see things that just boggles my mind.

Like this: We all spent untold hours in the field service telling people (mostly Christians) about the Paradise Earth. That was the reason we were at their door. However, all the Christians that I now know already believe in a future Paradise earth. They just call it the Millennium Reign.

It is amazing to me when I remember all the arguments I had, when all the householder had to do is tell me, "Oh, all

Christians already believe in a future paradise earth, we just call it the Millennium Reign".

It all seems like such a weird dream now.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I take it you're pre-millennialist.

One thing I don't understand about pre-millenialists is where they believe they're going to go. Will they be restricted to heaven or will they be able to come and go from heaven to Earth during the Millennial Reign.

• prologos
    prologos

does not the Catholic Creed include "--- I believe-- in the resurrection of the flesh--? and

the wt paradise Earth is different : wt control forever.

• Perry
    Perry

This basic understanding has been around for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Crutchfield charted these early Church leaders dispensations in the following list:

Justin Enoch/ Abraham Moses Christ Millennium

Martyr Noah

Adam Noah Moses Christ Millennium

Irenaeus to to to to

Noah Moses Christ Eternity

Tertullian Adam Noah Abraham Moses Christ Millennium

Crutchfield outlined the early Fathers' views on Israel and the church, which is another feature important to dispensationalism.

The Fathers (1) distinguished between the church and national Israel, (2) recognized distinctions among the differing peoples of God throughout biblical history, and (3) believed in the literal fulfillment of covenant promises in the earthly kingdom. . . . The contemporary dispensational position on Israel and the church is primarily a refinement and not a contradiction of the position of the ante-Nicene church(" Israel and the Church," 271.

Article

• Perry
    Perry

Most bible believing Christians today would generally agree with the following chart drawn nearly 100 years ago.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Those illustrations or your ideology make as much sense to me as wiping may ass with poison ivy. But then again, I'm certainly not the brightest bulb in the house.
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

What really made me leave the watchtower (and most religion for that matter) is: How is that going to change your everyday life?

Whether you believe you will go to haven or to a Paradis earth, or that the tribulation is near or far... how is that going to translate in you being a good person?

JWs and other religion put such a strong emphasis on these teachings that they forget that being a Christian is all about showing love to God and one another. If a catholic or a JW or a second day adventist shows love throughout his life, than, why would God condemn that person simply because he was wrong about God's plan?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    It's all just pie in the sky, so what difference does it make if the pie is cherry or apple?
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Does this look familiar?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I see things that just boggles my mind.

If your mind is boggled now, just wait until you find out that Christianity itself is a lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit