by Perry 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

OnTheWayOut:

Exactly.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

To answer your post " SecretSlaveClass"

We can all confuse as Perry says " feelings with perception". We can all trust a church, think we know everything about those that run it.

Perry:- " And making decisions based strictly on feelings is unwise. As humans, limited in our perceptions we can EXPECT to be deceived, especially in our feelings"

My answer "Perry &SecretSlaveClass" in my opinion the " heart talks" and feelings are made on an emotional level so that people can leave a discusting place. Why else would they leave? And I believe iam not deceived in my feeling and not deceived by leaving organised religion.

The Rebel

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

The Rebel:

The heart has no emotional feelings like love, it's simply a muscle for pumping blood. Using it in a figure of speech is fine but not for realistic thinking. Like "His heart is in the right place" as a figure of speech is fine, but realistically where else would it be? In his elbow? Good powers of perception have no place for basing decisions on feelings, it's the very reason people in high risk and dangerous professions are taught to control their instincts - instincts all too often influence poor decision making and cost lives.

Evaluation should be pragmatic, not emotional. Compassion is an emotion which motivates us to make us evaluate events which bother our conscience, but evaluting the events themselves should not incorporate emotions, they will only serve to cloud the facts and lead to irrational decisions.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

SecretSlaveClass:-

If as you say the heart has " no emotional feelings like love" then my answer will be answered with out hysterical reaction:-

In my figurative heart, and not simply the muscle pumping blood, I can still laugh and cry.

further analyze,my heat is a private and personal, personality, even if you think mine belongs in the mental asylum.

The Rebel.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Perry Perry quite contrary,

How does your fantasy grow?

With silver bells and cockleshells

And pretty maids all in a row.

I wish the Perry that existed 14 years ago was still posting. That Perry's posts had much more depth, sympathy and normality. Now it's just the same old same old, tying in whatever you can come up with to support and proselytize the Born Again Cult.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Give a Christian a thread,

Explaining where the dinosaurs roamed,

And I will show you a thread,

With very smelley answers.

And if they say the dinosaurs

Didnt roam

I am a dog,

Wagging my tail.

With seven paws.

The Rebel.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Now that I have been a born again Christian for 10 years, I see things that just boggles my mind.

Indeed like people saying there is a god and that humans have only been the planet 6,000 years and the bible is the word of God...incredible what people believe isn't it?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Robot chicken was a great show and that episode was then funniest ever

I'm rather pleased that someone got that slightly obscure reference :)

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Indeed like people saying there is a god and that humans have only been the planet 6,000 years and the bible is the word of God...incredible what people believe isn't it?

I was sitting at a hotel bar last night and got trapped in between a conversation between a 9/11 truther and a young earth creationist, both trying to convert me to their point of while claiming not to be racist to me and an African American gentleman sitting next me. They laughed heartily as they said they don't see color and whined about all the Mexican illegals, said "black don't crack" and didn't respect the foreign born Kenyan enough to say his name right and called him Obammy and blamed him both for not getting the troops out of Iraq and not sending more. It was like a black hold of logic.

The point of that is this... People in Florida are stupid. Wait, no, the point is that is it any wonder people are that stupid when we don't teach critical thinking in schools?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit