Something profound just hit me...indulge me a bit?

by truthseekers2 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I have pondered this thought many times.....................

My thoughts are as follows I do not believe in the God of the bible. If the God of the bible is the God who created us then I want nothing to do with such a evil being. I believe there is a creator. I believe something happens when you die. My belief on what happens is you become a higher being or you have to do it all over again to achieve that higher plateau. I believe parts of all religions are true and i take what i like from them all. I know I do not believe in the bible god but there is something higher out there (IMHO).

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Truthseeker,

I enjoyed reading your post. By the way, usually, if you highlight your words and go up to the "Clear Formatting" above the "Size" spot, you can click on that and remove the color.

Isn't it wonderful to feel free to ponder and think and wonder?....without all the guilt and fear associated with it. Your thoughts are so accurate and you might wish to go a bit further and perhaps learn more about the history of man, from other areas aside from the bible.

I believe that there are Universal Creators, and I believe they experiement with all sorts of "life". On our planet, I believe there were several "creations", and that man existed outside of the garden of Eden, where those created in the "image of the creators" were placed. I'm not certain "which one of those creators" did this work. I'm certain that the ONE has many under him/her to carry out services.

Perhaps Yaweh was one of these helper gods, assigned to look after the son's of Adam. But, who took care of those who lived prior to that? What happened to them? Were they truly all destroyed in THE FLOOD....the one and only flood that we always read about. Or were there survivors? I've read information that proves that the flood of Noah's day, was only a "portion" of that area in the East, and not the entire world. Although, we do have scientific proof that at one time the entire earth was covered with water.

I believe that the bible, like any other historical document contains some good and valuable wisdom, and some traces of accurate history. However, I believe that other documents exist elsewhere, that show some things to be falicy and put together by men to control men in a time when the CHURCH had great power. We are decendants of that mindset. Our upbringing, our cognition of the world, shapes our perceptions of how we view ourselves and the world. The day you were born, your world began to take shape, by the influences of those around you. These things cannot be controlled when we are young. But, when we mature, we can go "outside of that comfort zone" and see for ourselves what other choices might be available to us. JW's are not allowed that privilege.

Being able to read and learn and study material other than JW dogma, or religious dogma of any kind, opens up a whole new world. I think you are beginning to approach some of those "doors". You are going to have a marvilous trip! Best wishes, and full speed ahead!

• truthseekers2
    truthseekers2

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your replies! How wonderful it is to have these discussions. I'm still thinking and pondering so many things. What is the best feeling in the world is that I truly believe there is no hurry and that I am not going to "be destroyed" for taking my time and searching on my own...free at last!

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

I don't know TS2, I kinda think once we're dead we're dead and that's it, but, I remember what King Solomon was supposed to have said on his death bed some 3,000 years ago. Whether you beilieve them to be true is another matter!

New American Standard Bible in Basic English Young's Literal Translation
    Ecclesiastes
    Ecclesiastes 12
    11 The words of wise men are like goads, and masters of these collections are like well-driven nails; they are given by one Shepherd. The words of the wise are pointed, and sayings grouped together are like nails fixed with a hammer; they are given by one guide. Words of the wise [are] as goads, and as fences planted [by] the masters of collections, they have been given by one shepherd.
    12 But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body. And further, my son, take note of this: of the making of books there is no end, and much learning is a weariness to the flesh. And further, from these, my son, be warned; the making of many books hath no end, and much study [is] a weariness of the flesh.
    13 The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. This is the last word. All has been said. Have fear of God and keep his laws; because this is right for every man. The end of the whole matter let us hear: -- 'Fear God, and keep His commands, for this [is] the whole of man.
    14 For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil. SONG OF SOLOMON God will be judge of every work, with every secret thing, good or evil. For every work doth God bring into judgment, with every hidden thing, whether good or bad.'
  • onacruse
    onacruse

What is the best feeling in the world is that I truly believe there is no hurry and that I am not going to "be destroyed" for taking my time and searching on my own...free at last!

Oh, yeah!

For myself, I wrestle and ponder and consider and debate...but then sometimes, like right at this moment...I just feel "It doesn't really make any difference. What will happen, or not happen, is ahead of me, the unknown future, and I have no choice but to wait till it arrives and take it as it comes."

Not being fatalistic; but it does give me a sense of balance about the relative value of all these questions, investigations, and speculations.

**goes back to my research**

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit