• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

25 years

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

21 1/2 hours.

• vienne
    vienne

I attended this year. I'm not a Witness but I write about them. So I attend some meeting or convention each year. My take on this one is that the Hispanic elder who gave the sermon did not understand basic Watchtower doctrine. This is not uncommon among Watchtower elders. The problem is poor education. The Watchtower's "Kingdom Ministry School" is inadequate, Nothing about Watchtower 'education' produces competent pastors.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Seven years ago for my wife and I. Still Totally ADD

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I can't remember if it's 3 or 4 years now.

On a side note the memorial talk outline is provided and is meant to be strictly adhered to with certain parts read verbatim. It's been that way for a while now so no excuse for going off-script that would be a no-no. Sadly, even having a good understanding of WT doctrine would not make these talks any more logical or the speaker any more competent.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Last one I went to was 2009. And yes, I gave the talk!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Wow Black Man. Did you know when you gave the talk you would not be at the memorial the following year?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I last attended that wastefest in 2005. It wasn't worth the time I wasted. The following year, I bought a Ouija board on that date.

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • ozbrad
    ozbrad

34 years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit