The Assassination of President Bush

by Pleasuredome 15 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I don't think it's likely in any event that a US president will be assassinated. It would take a major plot involving some of those who were closest to him (not that that couldn't happen - but it would be very difficult to arrange, and hence not very likely). Security around US presidents has been much tighter since JFK. The president is simply not put in positions where anyone who was not secure could have access to him (an open limo in a motorcade, for example).

Nonetheless, even as I write this, the words of Michael Corleone occur to me: "If there's anything we've learned, if history has taught us anything, it's that you can kill anybody." I've always wondered whether Puzo and Coppola might have meant those words in the script of Godfather II as an allusion to possible Mafia involvement in the JFK assassination.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Rubadub, a good observation! Are these the clones the (Ra- aliens) have been talking about?

Guest 77

• Carmel
    Carmel

9/11 has already produced a rash of flailing of arms and gnashing of teeth! It's still impossible to have a rational discussion about the issues of the middle east and terrorism. Any voice that questions the headlong rush to punish someone ends in the person being labeled "America hater" or "lover of Saddam". When such things can be approached with only the normal amount of irrationality brought on by individuals wanting to make political gain, we might have some realistic chance of using our power (both moral and military) to make inroads into the problems around the globe of which we are a contributor to or at least have stood by w/o exercising our capacity for making things better.

carmel

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

I wonder how many innocent people have been put to death in the state of Texas whilst Bush was Govenor? I for one could not care less if someone tried to assassinate him. Sure his family would miss him, just like the families of those who have been put to death.

• bigboi
    bigboi

It's interesting that the US has become involved in a war during the Administration of every President elected from Texas.

Lyndon Johnston~ Vietnam

George Bush~ Panamanian Conflict, Persian Gulf War

George W. Bush~ Taliban/Afghanistan War, possible 2nd Persian Gulf War.

BTW, how does the defense industry rate in Texas, anywhoo?

• meadow77
    meadow77

Lands Alive PD-You said" the assassination of President Bush" on the internetWhat's next? Where can I find bombing materials?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit