BIG SURPRISE at upcoming International Conventions

by Smiles 43 Replies latest social current

• Smiles
    Smiles

Has anyone else been told about this.....

Word out of HQ Bethel has it that the upcoming special INTERNATIONAL conventions will contain some kind of major information or releases.

We know the GB has been rather quiet the last couple years after their 'reorganizing'.

Perhaps because they are facing the sex abuse scandal..... but also likely they have been working on some fancy surprises for the upcoming special international conventions, to excite their masses......... and also try to detract them from the scandals. It would be good timing of their part.

This should be interesting.........

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

...."some kind of major information"....

they are so stagnated and frozen into intellectual immovability that their idea of a "major revelation" would be that jesus didnt have a beard after all .

or did...(whichever ISNT held as truth at the moment)

Edited by - refiners fire on 24 January 2003 3:12:0

• Prisca
    Prisca

Smiles,

Do you think the "announcement" has anything to do with the rumours spoken about in this thread? http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=45181&site=3

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

International conventions always are accompanied by some "major" releases, like the "history book" or other things like that. Stating some "major" publication will be issued is a prophecy of the same kind as "2003 will bring trouble in the Middle East" or "2003 will bring problems within the Royal family of Britain".

• Smiles
    Smiles

Prisca,

Something along those lines. But I doubt it stops there.

• SYN
    SYN

Knowing the Governing Body, their "EXCITING NEWS!" will probably be approximately as "exciting" as watching bellyfluff accumulate. There is simply no such thing as an exciting doctrine change.

Although I'll be interested to see what they put in this purported "rules book" of theirs. Should be good for a laugh, I reckon, especially the bits about not wearing beards and women not being allowed to wear pants, dishcloths in the presence of baby weiners, etc.

Dagnabbitalltoheck!!!!!!!!!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

The only thing major going on at these conventions is the case of mass delusion.

ash

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Maybe they'll be allowing the McDonald's concessions to operate.

Expatbrit

• SYN
    SYN

ExpatBrit, that would be truly ground-breaking stuff right there. The shock if they did would be so immense I'm sure thousands would join the Organization.

• metatron
    metatron

Again I say, if the rumors are true about a new 'code of conduct' publication,
    please consider their options:

They can go 'John-the-Baptist' fanatical and suffer MORE trashing in the media
    and the courts. Being honest here gives everybody in opposition exact, updated
    statements of position to quote.

They can lie, and use 'code words' deception to cover up their automatic excommunication
    of people who get blood or join the military, etc.

Or they can declare it all individual conscience and stop trying to greedily control
    other people's lives. In this scenario, hell freezes over, pigs fly, and teenagers
    everywhere clean their rooms and stop fornicating i.e. a miracle

I'd bet on option #2 - and hope that they ram something thru without consultation
    from cautionary counsel. Watching them hang themselves would be wonderful justice.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit