? re: nose bleeds

by beepers 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• beepers
    beepers

Hi everyone,

I was talking with my brother the other day and he asked me " What were you suposed to do when you got a nose bleed? If the blood runs down the back of your throat." He said that technically that would be eating the blood in the eyes of the JW's.

I told him that I had no idea. Does anyone know what the policy was? Now I'm curious.

Amy

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

LOLI went through that in a away as a JW.

I had a tooth pulled and my gums would not stop bleeding all night!!

As a JW I kept spitting and wouldnt drink anything because I was afraid to swallow my own blood! (I was Soooooo brain washed!)

Anyway, turns out that blood had not technically left my body yet and there for I could swallow if needed!!

I was so embarrassed!! I had been dehydrating over it!! lol

Laughing now at my stupidity but it was serious then.

I think nosebleeds would fall under the same standards. Didnt leave the body so it is ok.

Weird, right?

Ciao 4 now,

Agape, Utopian_Raindrops Of The I Cant Believe I Was Like That Class!!

• beepers
    beepers

Thank you UR.

I really had no idea how to answer his question. It all just seems so silly to me.

Amy

• Funchback
    Funchback

w4/1/1988: Question From Readers: "If my nose begins to bleed, will Jehovah God punish me for inadvertantly swallowing some blood?" In summary, it says:

"What shall one do in the event of a nose bleed? So as not to become bloodguilty, the person would need to first and foremost pray. Next, he should immediately cease swallowing. Yes, at all costs, repudiate the gushing blood. Continuing, he should firmly pinch the upper portion of his nose (sometimes referred to as 'the bridge'), using only his index finer and thumb. Then, while vomitting out the excessive blood, he is encouraged to run to the kitchen and find the jar of pepper. He should then take two huge whiffs of the pepper and then wait on Jehovah to produce a sneeze. Sneezing will force the blood out of your nose and away from your throat. Do not thank anyone if they should happen to say, "God bless you" for sneezing. When the time is right, you can show them using the Bible why we don't thank people for blessing us when we sneeze."

In all seriousness, I couldn't find any reference to your question. I searched the 1999 WT CD-ROM.

• beepers
    beepers

Funchback-

That is to funny! Much thanks for the laugh.

Amy

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Funchback!!

I love your summery!! It reminds me of how ridicules I was that night!!

I didnt sleep the whole dag burn night because I was afraid to swallow!!

What a mook I was!!

Ty for sharing that!

U_R

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Destroyed forever for getting a nosebleed.

Sure sounds like the jw imaginary beast god.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

On a more medical slant to this, check out this link. I hope that it's useful beepers.

http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_noseb.htm

Edited by - RAYZORBLADE on 24 January 2003 5:53:21

• Funchback
    Funchback

beepers.... You're welcome!

U_R- I think that your real life experience was funnier than my fake article!!!

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I had severe nose bleeds as a child, and I was also a JW. I nearly died from the loss of blood three different times.

But I think now it is actually that the blood does not leave your body so it is ok to swallow it.

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit