It's official - JWs have least common sense of any religious group in US

by slimboyfat 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Oh yeah, JWism could very well be reduced to old ladies watching the 144,000 Club.

Isn't this pretty much the same for ALL OF XIANITY???? LOL!!!

DD

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Pixel:

Yes, the religion likes them uneducated. But, did you ever meet ones who were unconcerned about their ignorance? Well, I have.

Some JWs like the scripture that refers to "those unlettered and ordinary" as a justification to not educate themselves. It wasn't just the religion telling them not to get an education.

Some of these people had NO desire to educate themselves and I might also say these persons had little desire to be in the workforce either!! They are just waiting for Armageddon to solve their problems!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

There was a gang of older sisters at the cong I attended. They were really judgemental and gossipy, and had the elders in their pockets. They hated me -of course.

• snugglebunny
  • Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Althansius - "When asked about the size of government, 50% of the JWs favored bigger government, while 32% were for smaller government.

No doubt the Bethel lay-offs have contributed to their leftward political shift and the desire for more government among the JWs. But isn't it how they quickly turn to Satan's organization for assistance, rather than wait on Jehovah."

I also was initially surprised by this but then reached the same conclusion as you: dependence on welfare is critical for survival for many JWs and this is part of the JW business model - an implicit subsidy from the government for the recruitment work.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Not their fault! How can one develop 'common sense' when one is constantly bombarded by wt's 'extraordinary non-sense'?

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit