Rx My First Hate Mail today. I think I upset sum1

by xjw_b12 27 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I received an ANGRY email this afternoon, from someone who took exception to my / our stand on leaving the org, and suggested the current publicity re the child abuse, was overblown and exaggerated.

This person could only have taken my email address from this board.

I have a couple of questions for the more seasoned posters here.

1. Has anyone else rx a letter from a J.A. on a verizon mail service discussing what I mentioned above? I am trying to determine whether JA was spamming, or am I the only lucky one?

2. How have some of you responded to an email like that? Respond sincerely ? Angrily ? Sarcastically ? [ I'm good with the sarcasm.....not as good as Nathan Natas or SYN, but I'm working on it ! ]

I would appreciate your input on this.

Thanks.

" Millions Now Living Will Never Know "

• freedom96
    freedom96

It is too bad that someone has to act so hateful. Hey, if they want to remain a witness, then go for it. Doesn't mean they have to act unchristian in the process. If I had gotten the e-mail, I don't know what I would do. Depending on the attitude of the original e-mail, it probably how I would respond. I would like to think I would pity the person.

I would imagine though that it is some putz on the other end trying to put "time" in on their card. Nice easy way to do it, being it requires no door to door.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Darn, I never get any hate mail.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Awwwwww

I wanna hate mail too!!!

I would really like if it also came with a death threat... that way I can frame it and proudly display it on my wall.

• Seven
    Seven

Hey b12,

Congrats, you're a doing a fine job of driving your point home or you wouldn't have gotten the letter in the first place. My e-mail is locked now but I never responded to their hateful drivel. They really get off on having it discussed on the board too. As long as the correspondence was only annoying and in no way threatening I'd save it and block their addy.

• Princess
    Princess

I haven't received any from that particular person. I like to post the email along with the email addy for all to enjoy and respond to. ,<hint hint>

Rachel

• Dawn
    Dawn

Roybatty......I sent you some hate mail. Now quit whining.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Thanks all, for replying.

I want to beleive I am a confident type, knowing where I am going, but I was a tad surprised when I rx this email today.

After being on this board for a while. [ since Oct 2001 ] and watching all the goings on, I think I have come to a point where I can figure out the real from the unreal.

Before I responded to JA I wanted to check with the " regulars " on this board, just to be sure I wasn't being taken for a ride....

So I will wait a tad while longer...hoping some of the " elders " on this board may offer some advive, though I have already rx some excellant advice from " The Hosers, from the Great Canadian North "

FREEDOM96/

Yes. That is the first thing that came to mind....Some poor, pathetic jw putting in service time...that is why I wanted to put out the "feelers" to see if we were being spamed.

SEVENOFNINE

Thank you for the advice. Maybe he is sincere. If I was the only recipiant of his letter, it could be somone from my hometown trying to engage me in dialogue. God only knows, the friends we left behind......they know our feelings, and there are a few I threw out a challenge to...such as....

Dibs...... "Do you remember when you were sitting in my livingroom [ on an OFFICIAL elders visit ] , and I said to you...When your first daughter Amorous reaches her 16th birthday, and she gets her driver's licence, will you rethink about the "time of the end" and the WTBTS failed prophecy and the " generation that saw 1914 ". You replied " I would have to take a serious look at the religion then. " . .....I'm waiting, you know I am !

ELSEWHERE You changed your pic ! I miss the little rascal. Talking about trophys..I quote my dad... "I wear the apostate title like a Badge of Honor ".

PRINCESS So you want the goodies huh. Stay tuned. I will reply to JA first, and if the reply,or lack of, is not satisfactory, I will post his letter, and the J-W.com sharks can properly slice and dissect him.

Edited by - xjw_b12 on 24 January 2003 7:6:44

• integ
    integ

In response to Freedom 96 and his/her post about "Its a shame they have to act so hateful and unchristian" or something to that effect...Who the crap are you kidding?...Just look at all the other posts on this site...I constantly read posts that describe the witnesses as "stupid", "ignorant", "dumb bastards", etc, etc,.....Talk about un-christian....Or is it okay to talk that way about people that have views that are different from yours.. Who are the ones acting superior now? You guys act like bigger hyprocrites than the so called "dubs" (as everyone so insultingly refers to them) . "Oh but they hurt me so bad, it's okay for me to call them names and call them idiots because I'm right and they're wrong"... Yeah... real Christian. When you said... "It's a shame that they have to be so un Christian" My only response is.... 'It's a shame YOU have to be such a hypocritical dumbass.

• avishai
    avishai

Integ, Welcome. Agape. ((((integ)))).

Integ, where is all this anger coming from? Is someone hurting you at the hall? Since you arent allowed to talk to apostates, I can only assume that your life is somehow unsatisfactory & you are throwing your displaced rage at us on this board. I dont go to your hall & stand in the lot, yelling about how i was beaten by 2 different elders as a child, Or how my mothers arm has permanent nerve damage to her arms as the result of an assault by an elder. Or the friends I have, I dead, one nearly so as the result of suicide/ suicide attempts due to years of ritual molestation that could have easily been stopped by the elders after these pedophiles were reported many, many times. I understand your anger, & where it comes from. Tell us why you are hurting, & feel justified in trying to come here heaping your anger on us. Maybe we can help, or refer you to a good counselor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit