SHUNNED BUT NOT DISFELLOWSHIPPED WHY ???

by nightwarrior 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

YOU DONT NEED TO BE DISSFELOWSHIPED TO BE SHUNNED ( WHY & HOW )

What caused you to be shunned from within your congregation,Even though you were not disfellowshipped ,

where in the scriptures does it mention this particular type of remedy,does the creator sanction this type of treatment,were you suicidal when this happened ,did you receive support from anyone ,how did you handle it.

can you offer advice to people going through this at the moment.

agarpe love

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Me, My husband and kids have experienced the same thing. I don't think they have any biblical reason. I think that they are afraid. It is very disturbing when your entire belief system is questioned. I think we asked some thought provoking questions that they could not answer and rather than admit they may be wrong (that is to painful) they label you bad association and don't want anything to do with you. I don't hate them for it I just feel bad for them. I pray for them. I try to think of when I was in if someone came to me with the info that I have what would I have done. I'm not sure. Its easier when you find something out yourself than when someone points out something to you.

• shera
    shera

Well,this may a bit of topic.

When I was in,I had a friend that was DF.When she was reinstated she was still shunned by many JW's.One family did,and the father was an elder.I just remember standing beside her and looking at him right in the eye.This poor girl's mother had that elder come to the house before she was DF because she said to her mother,"you have to stop jumping the gun".Her mother took it as a threat!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    What caused you to be shunned from within your congregation,Even though you were not disfellowshipped ,

nearas eye cuntell, i was not worthy of associatin' with "honest" christeans.

• Xena
    Xena

I have been shunned by my sisters because they say "I KNOW what I should be doing" aka going to the meetings and I am not, so I am not considered good association. Plus they think if they shun me I will go back in order to associate with them again...guess what...they are WRONG

• Scully
    Scully

Knowing too much about a situation or about the inner workings of the organization is a very powerful threat to elders. It's intimidating to them, for example, if I were to express my objection to them allowing a pedophile to go door-to-door by talking about the problem.

They instigate the shunning by starting ugly rumours about you. If you aren't an elder, and you hear the rumour from an elder or his wife, naturally you're going to believe the elder, aren't you?? They wouldn't LIE to you, after all!!

It doesn't take long before your name is Mudd..... and you're treated like a pile of warm and fetid excrement. Actually, they treat piles of warm and fetid excrement much better....

Bottom line: You make them afraid. Very very afraid.

Love, Scully

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

There is no scriptural reason to shun those who haven't been DF'd or DA'd. The reason they shun such ones is because the society has encouraged the judging of others, not mearly in "the world" but in the congregation as well. Yes, they encourage individual witnesses to size up their brothers as to whether they are doing all that Jehovah(WT) has commanded(ie meetings, FS, good conduct) and if the brother or sister isn't, well, they can personally resist or shun you based on their own observations and JUDGEMENT. If the elders don't like you, that's just furthur reason to give the stamp of disapproval. And any gossip floating around about you by the collective will fan the flames as well. Great, isn't it?

My advice to the one being shunned is to realize that the JW's is a paranoid cult, plain and simple. Just like a big dysfunctional family, once you are considered the "black sheep of the family", you will be discounted and thought less of and treated accordingly. And it's hard to shake once you've been pegged as such.

Get out while the gettins good!

• shera
    shera

Scully,horrible stuff,eh?

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

I'm shunned mainly because I was dunked at 13 and no longer associate with JW's. That apparently makes ALL the difference the world. My brother was not dunked and no longer associates with JWs, so he's apparently okay. There's still hope for him.

Like others on this board, I'm shunned by my family in the hopes that I'll miss the "sweet fellowship" the JWs offer and come back to the fold. Right... The longer I'm aware the more warped they appear.

• New Eyes
    New Eyes

Information control...behavioral control...thought control...totalitarian control...the control of the puppet master over the puppet...dance, dance puppet dance...NEVER MORE will I dance...NEVERMORE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit