A Balanced View of Money. Sept Awake.

by ToesUp 11 Replies latest social humour

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

HOW DO YOU VIEW MONEY?

A self-examination might alert you to the need to acquire a balanced view of money. For example, ask yourself the following questions.

• Am I attracted to get-rich-quick schemes?

• Do I find it difficult to be generous with my money?

• Do I tend to make friends with people who constantly talk about money and the things they own?

• Do I resort to lying or to other unethical practices in order to make money?

• Does money make me feel important?

• Am I always thinking about money?

• Is my attitude toward money adversely affecting my health and family life?

Cultivate generosity by giving to others

I put this topic under humor. After the May broadcast...begging for money. This article just takes the cake! Such hypocrites!

• Autumnation4414
    Autumnation4414
    Yes, don't be focused on money, just give it all to the WT! The gb would def benefit from reading their own literature.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They left out

* Does my pinky ring and gold watch blind people when I am giving talks?

• Simon
    Simon

It's amazing how often the WTS and local congregations talk about money. Specifically, how the money that is yours can become theirs.

They should have added:

"Do I worship an organization that puts money above it's own PR image, doing what is right and protecting children?"

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Also

* Do I Iive in a theocratic "hotel" where all my meals, laundry, housekeeping and utilities are provided for free and completely paid for by contributions?

• NotBlind
    NotBlind
    Am I attracted to get-rich-quick schemes?
    You mean schemes like forcing over 110,000 congregations to empty their bank accounts to send them to 'Mother'?
    Do I find it difficult to be generous with my money?
    You mean a so-called religious organization that spends ZERO funds caring for its aged or poor R&F members?
    Do I resort to lying or to other unethical practices in order to make money?
    Such as claiming that thousands of new Kingdom Halls need to built in the USA within four years, and 9 months later we see SQUAT?
    Does money make me feel important?
    Such as wearing a $16,000 Gold Apple Watch Edition, or wearing a shiny Rolex on your monthly internet TV show, while thousands of your members in the developing world have to scrape together piggy bank coins, forgo ice cream cones, and stage bake sales to fund new Assembly Halls and Kingdom Halls?
    Am I always thinking about money?
    You mean, like not letting a month go by without telling the R&F they need to be sending more and MORE money to fund your pet projects?
    All excellent advice from the Awake magazine! It sounds like the GB need to read this article and apply it in their own lives.
  • tiki
    tiki
    Not blind.....said it all. Amen to that.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I noticed even before I faded that the gentle (at the time) nagging for more money had ramped up considerably higher than it ever had been before*.

Looking back, it was probably around the same time I started to feel like there was "something not quite right" with the Org that I couldn't put my finger on... :laughing:

x

*I can only imagine what it's like now. Oh, wait... I don't have to imagine. :sunglasses:

• Watchtower-Free
  • punkofnice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit