A BIG VICTORY!!!!!--help she is trying..part 7

by Jesika 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

Sorry it has taken this long to get to updating you all. I have been celebrating our victory!!!

Let me explain.........................

As most of you know, the lawyer of my x mother in law required us to come to court today. Well, my x got a phone call today by the lawyer's assistant stating we didn't have to show in court today cause they wouldn't be pursuing the temp orders, and moved for a motion of withdrawal.

Well, we don't have a lawyer yet, so we saw it best to show up in court anyways, just in case.

GOOD THING WE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lawyer and my X MIL didn't show, and me, my x , and his new girlfriend were in court.

The judge called our case out loud, and my x stated our divorce wasn't contested and the opposing party wasn't present. So, the judge looked confused and asked us to stay and would address us later. So, we stayed.

After several other cases were handled, the judge recalled us to the bench. She asked us why we were there if the opposing party wasn't. So, we produced her a certified letter stating we were supposed to be there, even though we didn't have counsel.

After reviewing the document, she recalled a phone call by my x mother in law's lawyer.

She excused herself to her chambers to make a phone call, then recalled us to her bench.

She asked us why we were there, when we explained it was by no means our reasons, and with the Family Court Services Report in her hand, she looked even MORE CONFUSED. So, she told us to follow her!!>>>>>>> IN THE JUDGES CHAMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO, to make the long story short, me and my x got to say our piece to the judge as to why we feel the way we do and the reason for our divorce being PUSHED through was of no reason of ours. The best interest of our child should be IN OUR HANDS, and with the report, it was obvious as to why.

The judge called the opposing lawyer and asked why he wasn't there cause there were no papers stating a withdrawel, only a phone call that we didn't deny, but was given the morning of us to be in court!!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOO, the judge wasn't happy and accused him(the lawyer) of bulling us!! She told him in legal terms that she hoped this wasn't his intention, cause she wouldn't stand for it :).

After a few words on the phone (speaker), the lawyer said he had advised his client (my x mother in law) to RE THINK HER COURSE OF ACTION!!!

After hanging up the phone with my x mother in law's lawyer, the judge gave us legal advice, even though she isn't supposed to ( I had earlier noticed she had two young children of her own), she told us the judge--if it wasn't her(it could be another judge in the same court, there are at least two), that they would rule IN OUR FAVOR, so to get a lawyer to talk the "law talk" and to get what we should get and have a right to get, which is to not have anyone interfere with our judgement on who my son should and SHOULDN'T SEE!!!

BIG VICTORY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The judge we talked to was so kind and understanding, although she couldn't rule at this moment in OUR FAVOR, if she could, she would have.

SO, WE ARE CELEBRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*DRINKS ON THE HOUSE*

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for supporting me, and now I will see my x mother in law come the middle of March, if her OWN lawyer doesn't DROP THE CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will keep you updated.........................Thanx again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesika

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

VICTORY IS AT HAND!

Jes Jes Jes! This is fantastic. The judge is correct in that your x-monster in law is indeed trying to bully you. She's never had a case and never will. Her lawyer is actually pretty sleazy taking the case and billing her when they know there's no chance. One thing I've learned about law, is that a lot of it is just posturing.

You're almost there, just make sure you follow what this judge said to the letter. Very important. If you slip up it could give the forces of darkness a chance to get her foot in the door.

• Banshee
    Banshee

YAY!!!!! (((((((((((Jes)))))))))))) Wonderful! I am sooo happy for you! Woohoo!!!!

• Jacqueline
    Jacqueline

Family court....Guardian ad litem recommeded all holidays be with my children's father, cause I don't celebrate them, I have no rights to make any medical decisions......she recommended they be in father's custody....but I got them back 9 months later. all because i was studying with JW's. x is "worldly"

and all I am is a study...well used to be anyway....trying to get away.

Glad to hear things went well...can you tell me what state?

I am feverishly working on my case...no lawyer, I have no money...and i have a witch for an x-mom-in-law too.

Edited by - jacqueline on 23 January 2003 1:22:9

• Buster
    Buster

Perhaps her liver, with some fava beans an a nice bottle of chianti.

Big grin on my face up here! Good for you, better for your son.

- Cliff

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

Jesika! congratulations to you and your whole family!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Wooooooooo Hooooooo!!

(((((((((Jes!!))))))

they would rule IN OUR FAVOR, so to get a lawyer to talk the "law talk" and to get what we should get and have a right to get, which is to not have anyone interfere with our judgement on who my son should and SHOULDN'T SEE!!! BIG VICTORY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it!!!! I remember the first post I wrote back to you, probably in part I. . .in which I said that in most situations, grandparents have no rights.

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!

ESTEE <------------ of the "TOLD YA!!!!" class

• Jourles
    Jourles

WooHooo Jesika! I've been following your posts on this and have to say congrats for sticking in there! It sounds like the judge you dealt with was a good one. Appeared like she was truly concerned with your well being. Great news. It should be all downhill now, and in YOUR favor.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

For us ignorant ones: Could someone write a couple of lines and tell what this is about, the context?

• Jesika
    Jesika

You all have been GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I honestly couldn't have done this without you all and my boyfriend.

For those of you who don't know, my x mother in law isn't a JW, she is a Mormen.

Jacqueline---------------I am in the state of Texas, you can talk to me in chat if you would like, just click on "live chat in the upper left hand corner, and I will give you all the info you need hon.

Old hippie here are the links as to what is/has happened...................

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=44045&site=3 Part 1

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=44275&site=3 Part 2

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=44391&site=3 Part 3

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=44472&site=3 Part 4

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=44716&site=3 Part 5

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=45080&site=3 Part 6

And this thread is part 7

If there are any lurkers out there, please be aware of things like this happening. Make yourself aware of this and how much it could hurt your child.

If I can be of any further assistance, you can write my aunt at [email protected] she will forward anything to me. So, if you need any info please let me know.

Jacque--------please come into chat, I will be waiting for you to talk with you or give you my personal email if you need it.

Jesika

Edited by - jesika on 23 January 2003 1:50:44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit