Just got this reply from the U.K enquiry into Child Abuse

by Phizzy 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I received an e-mail today, which says, in part :

" Thank you for your email dated 19 August to the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse

regarding your concerns about the Jehovah’s Witness religion and your offer to provide further

information should we require it.

The Inquiry has been set up to consider whether state and nonstate

institutions (including religious

institutions) have failed to protect children from sexual abuse, please be assured that your

suggestion to look into the Jehovah’s Witness organisation has been logged and may be

considered further by the Inquiry, once the Chair and Panel have considered which specific

institutions will be looked into.

Thank you for having taken the time to write to us.You may also wish to follow the progress of the

Inquiry on our website at www.csainquiry.

independent.gov.uk .

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    I hope they do cover the JWs, but i fear Aus may have stolen the thunder and they wont want to rehash it in the UK. The enquiries are linked somewhat so they will know the score anyway, but we'd like to see that they know the score again LOL.
  • sir82
    sir82

Wow, so there is a definite UK inquiry set up? That is good news.

Given the results of the Australian RC, I don't see how they could not include JWs.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    Phizzy, good one! I have written too and they say they will be back by next week...Excellent. Are you from England? That is where I was born in the West of England in Bristol
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Don't worry Fury.....the intent is not to allow anyone get away with it....That is the thing and if it has to hashed, rehashed and beaten to death.......so be it...I don't think a child should ever be under cruel authorities ever again...Not one more if I had my way..I really think I could kill someone who hurts another child at times...Look at the tireless Barbara Anderson? How much has she seen, heard, experienced? Never once tiring of what she is supposed to do with her life..

I feel this is good and I will feed it constant energy. I would do this for others too. Not just a JW abused child...any child.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hi Umby, yes I am English, born and bred in Kent, still live in Kent.

I do hope the Inquiry investigates the JW's, simply to put even more pressure on the Borg to change, and to actually implement a Protection Programme.

Just to move them on to reporting crimes after they have happened is just not good enough, they must protect the vulnerable as much as is humanly possible, to prevent abuse.

• Splash
    Splash

Here's their website.

Let's hope these investigations keep coming.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well done Phuzzy.

your suggestion to look into the Jehovah’s Witness organisation has been logged and may be considered further

I hope they do look into the WBT$!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I think we're closer to it now than we were, say, a year ago.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Phizzy well done,

I want to write to them too. What is their email address the link didn't work. As a victim of domestic Violence I would like them to investigate that along with child abuse. The action that elders take to tell JWs not to go to the police when a crime has been committed needs to be exposed.

If this enquiry highlights elders actively discourage JWs going to the police they might be held accountable and responsible and have to change their policies.

I have it on recording that an elder told me I was wrong to report domestic violence to the police.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit