WE NEED MORE FIELD SERVICE REPORTS (Letter sent to Ecuador)

by elkatire1980 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    The hours in field service are a barometer of how much income they can count on in terms of literature orders and publishers who will continue to be in the picture in terms of donations.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

I do not recall these types of letters being posted about in past years.

I will add that I looked at some interesting changes to this page though

( http://www.jw.Borg/en/jehovahs-witnesses/ )

Up until early 2013, they had been using the term "ministers who teach" - changed - we all know why.

They also had been saying number who attend our meetings or conventions (plural). Memorial attenders do not attend meetings - they attended ONE meeting.

• tiki
    tiki

Groan...counting time...like in the slammer waiting for parole ..... It is so stupid a concept. The whole fs bit is so irrelevant.

On the other hand maybe the Ecuadorian are an honest lot and haven't yet figured out the great field service fudged report.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I think groan and never a jw are correct. They are probably in a panic trying to figure out how to massage the numbers up. Next year I imagine will be worse.

It makes me wonder what other shenanigans they are pulling to fluff the humbers. Maybe this started a while ago. The cart witnessing. Makes it easy for dubs to rack up hours just drinking coffee? Reporting just 30 minutes for elderly? How creative will they be before the numbers are no longer fluffable

Maybe they will make a provision for newly associated ones to count their time? Maybe they will let kids count their time for watch Damm Caleb and Sophia! ?

• Calebs Airplane
  • Calebs Airplane
  • sir82
    sir82

This kind of confirms what has long been suspected:

Peak Numbers of publishers often includes combining service reports of many publishers who did not report in earlier months

Not sure why you only "suspected" it. There are dozens if not hundreds of posts on this site that explain that is the procedure, and that it has been the procedure for decades.

Back on topic, what a weird letter. If they've had 5 consecutive peaks, why are they so convinced that there are so many "missing" reports?

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Back on topic, what a weird letter. If they've had 5 consecutive peaks, why are they so convinced that there are so many "missing" reports?

I was wondering the same thing.

No matter what, this letter and the similar letter sent to Polish congregations are downright scary.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I don't find these letters scary, I find them exciting, I think the watchtower sand castle is starting to get eroded.
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    Soooo ... Botchtower hasn't figured out yet that field circus reports do not actually reflect accurately the preaching work. These things could just be filled out and sent in no problem. Doesn't mean anything has actually been done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit