IT WAS SOOOOO COLD! that...

by calamityjane 14 Replies latest social humour

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

It was so cold up here in Canada land. Our temperature this morning was - 45 degrees C.

So I'm on my way to work, warmed the truck up for at least 10 minutes, made a stop at Walmart, (I love it they're open for shopping at 7:30 a.m.) and I continue on to work. I get stuck behind this old guy and his wife at a red light. (like what are geriatrics doing out this early in the morning) The red light turns green, I wait patiently behind them, he's not moving, about 10 seconds later I honk the horn, which ends up getting stuck in that position, well how embarrassing is that. So now I'm driving down the road with the horn blaring, naturally bringing attention to myself. I was finally able to make it stop.

And that's how cold it was up here.

Calamity jane (accident waiting to happen)

• Scully
    Scully

Oh jane!!!! how embarrassing!!!

It's so cold here in Ottawa (-39C this morning with the wind-chill factor) my still-damp hair froze when I took the kids to school this morning!! I had to make sure I didn't bump into anything with my frozen hair... I was afraid a chunk would break off!! (Try explaining that to the hair stylist!) LOL

Love, Scully

• Sargon
    Sargon

WOW -45...BRRR... It's only -20 here. The cold worked out good for me though. We've had water mains bursting all over city (beautiful hamilton). We had a major main burst a half block from my place. It leaked over 40, 000 gallons of water. It's flooded the whole neighbourhood, basements backyards. I'm OK because my apartments on the second floor. The best part is I get to stay in a motel and eat at restaurants all at the cities expense until this is fixed. The room has a better TV than me, I hope it takes them a while longer

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Saskatoon here! . . . I'm takin' my 'puter into hibernation with me now. . . . .

See ya in the spring!!!

Love,

ESTEE

• Scully
    Scully

Holy crap Sargon!!

I saw that flood on TV last night! I'm glad to hear you're ok though, and that the fair city is taking good care of its taxpayers

Love, Scully

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

We had a watermain break here last week in the business district. flooded three basements. If we don't get snow we're going to be in big trouble. We need the snow for insulation, let alone some winter activities.

• Sargon
    Sargon

Hi Scully I'm surprised that news from this back-water actually reaches Ottawa, doesn't work that way when we gotta contact our MP's. Just want to update and clarify a few things.

It's only -25 here counting the windchill, it's been hovering aroud -15 most of the time. The amount of water flooded wasn't 40,000 gallons... it was 40,000,000 liters. People are allowed back now (no more free meals and TV). They've brought a bunch of dumpsters around and people are clearing out their basements. There are people from the city listing everything and insurance will be paid. Fortunately I've got nothing stored in the basement here, should have hung on to all those old Watchtowers and awakes, would have got paid for them.

My neighbours back yard had about a six" layer of water in it yesterday... now it's ice, solid. We're going to have a hockey game after supper tonite. He's planning on maintaining his rink now for the rest of the winter, every cloud has a silver lining.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, quit bragging, all you Canucks - you sent that cold air straight down to Texas, and now my basset hounds are shivering! I never saw two dogs go potty as fast as those two did this morning, with a wind chill of 6 degrees F. Outside of the temperature, it's gorgeous and sunny down in Dallas!

Love,

Nina

• Sargon
    Sargon

Actually I was going to thank you Americans, I think it blew down here from Alaska.

• amiable
    amiable

And here we are complaining in NYC that the high temp today will only be -8C. I'm embarrassed. Here's hopin' Canada warms up soon.

amiable

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit