Incredible quote from KM_03_02!

by Nowhere 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• orbison11
    orbison11

here in canada, we have unemployment benefits, which take about 5 weeks to start receiving. during that time we are to be seriously looking for work

i wonder if he will submit his 'not at home slips' for proof of this

orbi

• Beans
    Beans

If this guy is a Canadian JW it's a month of hanging out at Tim Hortons, he needs help he's addicted to coffee! Is that grounds for DFing?

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Debz
    Debz

This mentality really annoys me.......I have some points to discuss

1. When I was a witness the same attitude prevailed and when I lost my first job in a shoe shop at aged 16 my parents first reaction was `fantastic, now you can pioneer`....hello....what a bright future that held out for me ..but of course that didn`t matter coz I was expected to find a brother to marry who would be the `provider`....
    2. I now work fulltime with homeless families who would give ANYTHING to get a job to break their cycle of poverty. Most people I work with have`nt had a great background in education and therefore would take any type of manual / labourer work. These people struggle daily to survive and here is someone rejoicing over the LOSS of their job. AMAZING!!
    3. Self esteem is higher in people that work - thats a fact......not to mention the benefits of social interaction

I find it amazing that the dubs still continue to have this attitude towards gaining further education and / or meaningful employment.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit