Joe Millionaire and The Bachelorette

by happyout 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• happyout
    happyout

Sorry if I missed any previous posts, but HELLO, I know I can't be the only person watching these shows!! We have a pool going on in my office as to Trista's final choice. Personally, I think it will be Charlie. I really hope it's not Ross or Russ or whatever his name is. That guy is a total egocentric jerk! And I can't wait to see the finale of Joe Millionaire to see the reaction of the woman Evan chooses when she finds out he's dirt poor. Come on, tell me I''m not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Yes, I have been watching Joe Millionaire because I am amazed that he is unable to carry on a normal conversation I find myself transfixed LOL I say Zora

• Buster
    Buster

There is nothing cooler than watching gorgeous women conive and otherwise throw themselves at a guy that would need a week's pay to buy her a scarf.

Joe Millionaire is the best show on the air (I'm waiting for the promised twist)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I can see why Joe Millionaire is so popular.

There is a simple rule to ratings: Either get the audience to hate a character, or get the audience to love a character.

Joe Millionaire has managed to play both sides of that rule by making men love the character and make the women hate him.

We all have to admit it... the men love to watch this guy diss the greedy money grubbing ho's and are eagerly anticipating how pissed the "winner" will be.

Women on the other hand hate him because he is in a position to force the women "contestants" to reveal their true nature... which is that they are only being nice to him because they want his money and the security of the money... not him.

Granted, not all women are like this, but there sure are a lot out there.

Thats my ten cents my two cents are free.

• happyout
    happyout

I don't think he'll pick Zora unless she does a complete personality change. Their date was absolutely painful. She's my husband's favorite, though, because of the class she showed with the whole evening gown fiasco. I think he's going to choose that girl with the curly hair. And how happy were you when Heidi wasn't chosen? It was too funny, how they were translating her french that didn't make any sense.

Elsewhere: I gotta say, I'm one of the women who love that this trick is being played. It will definitely test someone's sincerity when they find out he's poor won't it? Unless she's either truly in love or a quick thinker who will realize Evan can really earn some quick bucks based on the fame of this show. Or, of course, she can dump him on the spot and show the world what a materialistic gold digger she really is

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Evan`s got himself between a rock and a hard place..He want`s a good,decent,honest girl,and he`s doing it by pretending to be a millionare..If he finds her,will she still want him after she finds out he`s been lying to her?..He`s gone to a lot of trouble to find the right lady,only to possibly lose her over a lie.Not a position I`d like to be in,thats for dam sure...OUTLAW

• TR
    TR

Tell me please how can the producers of "Joe" mislead these women. Can the women sue for being mislead, or lied to?

TR

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Zora feels inadequate she is trying to hide her poor upbringing and doing herself in by hiding itPoor girl taht is why it pays to be yourself be yourself be yourself then if they dont' like you screw them!!!!

• kelpie
    kelpie

We dont get that show in aus land. I have heard about it tho

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I've only seen the show once, and can't remember which day it airs, or even what station it airs on.

Someone tell me please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit