Who are the best vocalists?

by heathen 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Can't believe I'm going to post this but

ROD STEWART - at his age the man is still putting it out there

Barbra has always been a favorite and yes I like Celine as long as I don't have to watch her

Andrea Bocelli is awesome

I admire Micheal Bolton's attempts at classical music

and one Canadian who makes me wanna move - Lawrence Gowan

and ummmm Julie Andrews can always make me sing

and I like Orison too

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughn, Billie Holiday, young Frank Sinatra, early Barbara Streisand

Jann Arden, Sarah Mckachlan, Celine Dion

• Brummie
    Brummie

Happyout, you have good taste, Teena Marie was one of my favourite vocalist back in the day....Portugues love was playing on my player today. Have most of her stuff.

Yep Luther was exceptional and Freddie Jackson, Teddy Pendergrass, currently Jaheim

Eruka Badu singing live is good. Anita Baker, Angela Winbush etc but none of these would ever make the rock catigory of best vocalist.

Brummie

• rocketman
    rocketman

meadow said Sheryl Crow, and I kind of thoought she was just 'okay' until I saw a clip of her w Pavarotti, and she was great.

Male vocalists....c'mon, we all know Bob Dylan is the best! (Extreme Sarcasim here).

• heathen
    heathen

Rocketman- Just glad you put extreme sarcasm after the Bob Dylan reference . Let's face it the guy is a mono tone . His song writing ability is really what made him famous . IMO

How about Nat King cole or Johnny Mathis ,Perry Como ,Bing Crosby , Dean Martin , Wayn newton ,Tony bennet . Just throwing some names out there of guys I enjoy .

• aarque
    aarque

Nat King Cole, Andy Williams, Paul Simon, Placidio Domingos (he does opera, but has also done some contemporary stuff....my favorite is a duet with John Denver-"Perhaps Love"), Frank Sinatra, Paul McCartney...some Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond

I remember seeing Julie Budd on TV years ago...she had an incredible voice for a young girl...wonder whatever happened to her...

Bette Midler, Rosemary Clooney, Celine...

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I prefer to listen to female vocalists, but I really like Mike Patton from Faith no More. mmmmmmm [:|]

For the ladies - Peggy Lee, Ella Fitzgerald, Karen Carpenter, Liz Fraser (Cocteau Twins), Harriet Wheeler (The Sundays)........there are many genres, it is difficult to compare, impossible to choose on favorite.

• TR
    TR

Not in the rock genre, but Enya is my favorite female vocalist.

http://www.enya.com/

TR- Enya on my desktop class

Edited by - TR on 23 January 2003 11:39:0

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Etta James has the most lovliest voice to me........smooth and very soulful. Very smooth.........

• wasasister
    wasasister

For versatility, range, and downright vocal skill:

Linda Ronstadt

Underrated: Dolly Parton

Overrated: Celiene Dionne

Edited to add: Queen Lateefa (sp??) Anyone see/hear her in Chicago (the movie)?

Edited by - wasasister on 23 January 2003 11:36:57

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit