Who are the best vocalists?

by heathen 31 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

Recently the rock and roll world declared that Robert Plant is the all time greatest vocalist . I think I agree with this but I also think guys like Elvis and Paul mcartney diserve a place in that catagory . Who else do you think would qualify for mention here?

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

That's definitely a matter of opinion. My all time favorite female vocalist is Karen Carpenter. Male vocalist: I saw Paul McCartney last May, and definitely he can still rock!

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Sir Paul has my vote.

Jim Morrison of the Doors is a fav. "When The Music's Over," still sends chills down my spine........

Edited by - thichi on 22 January 2003 15:46:28

• somebody
    somebody

I'd say Roy Orbison was the best male vocalist. I like Andy Williams too. I love his soothing voice!

Best alltime female vocalist? Hmmmm....I'll think about that. If Celine Dion didn't sound so much as if she were screaming, I'd probably say her. I'd probably say Martina McBride.

tough choices!

peace,

somebody

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Damn, forgot about Roy. When he sings "Crying Over You," I am just amazed at the high notes he can hit.

Female: The Pretenders' female lead singer (forget her name) really rocks.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Being a guy, I can much more easily connect with Roy Orbison than with Elvis. I just love "Only The Lonely" by Roy.

Female artists: Judy Garland, and then Barbra Streisand. Those ladies had/have the pipes!!

• somebody
    somebody

Hi Gopher!

I agree that Judy Garland had a beautiful voice, but Barbara grates on my eardrums in a bad way. lol

Did you ever see the movie "For The Boys" ? Bette Midler (?) sang a lot in that movie and she definately has great pipes too!

peace,

somebody

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

As a vocalist myself, I feel the need to participate in this thread....

Robert Plant WAS a great vocalist. His voice don't sound too good these days. Roy Orbison had an extremely unique voice, which made him an excellent vocalist.

I think that Bruce Dickenson from Iron Maiden deserves some credit as well.

• wednesday
    wednesday

male,-Meat Loaf-he has a wonderful voice and his style is more of rock opera than anything. similar to Queen, but better.

female-janis joplin

• TR
    TR

Roy Orbison when he sings "Anything You Want You Got It".

Other than that, Ozzy Osbourne, who else?

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit