Dating non-Jehovah Witnesses

by ClassAvenger 26 Replies latest social relationships

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

I've seen that they dont really care if they insult other religions. I have some friends that are JWs, and they all believe that the JWs are known worldwide for their good behavior and honesty. I was wondering how in the world they would know or think something like this and then one my JWs friend showed me one of their "Awake!" magazines where it said that. It wasn't strange to find out that it was published by the WatchTower. To me all that society does is brainwash those poor people who will then suffer for things such as no blood transfusions. The worst thing in my point of view (without offending JWs) is that they have wrong doctrines but yet go door to door misleading other people. Also, I cant possibly think of preaching to my friends or trying to argue with them in something we disagree because of our religion. I tried once but all they do is answer back at you with texts from the bible and show it to you on their New World Translation. I then found one of their literature books which basically tells them what to answer at any sort of attack. To me it seems that this religion spends most of its time trying to defend itself rather than worshipping God. (I'm getting a little off topic from the question, sorry, but just wanted to say what I think).

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

ClassAvenger,

Welcome to the board.

You should know that those who post on this disscussion board are mostly ex-JW's. You will find very few true believers in the Watchtower here. Don't be afraid of offending anyone by the types of questions you are asking, because most of them have already left the Watchtower Society or are in the process of leaving.

Most here will also agree that the JW's are a Mind Control Cult. The reasons for all the rules is spelled "CONTROL". The Watchtower Society isolates their members for better control and brainwahing. Most loyal JW's read ONLY publications printed by the Watchtower Society. When they "do research" they use only WT publications. When they have parties only "members in good standing" are invited. All others are considered "worldly" and MUST be excluded.

This isolation is one of the marks of a "cult".

Here are some links for you that will give you some information about Jehovah's Witnesses and may answer some of your personal questions about the cult.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES: A CRITICAL ANALYSIS
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/7831/

Shaun's Research on the Jehovah's Witnesses
    (Site Contains Photo Documentation )
    http://www.jwfiles.com/index.htm

My home page - Has lots of links to valuable information
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/5385/Links1.html

NewLight2

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    this religion spends most of its time trying to defend itself rather than worshipping God.

Excellent insight, in my opinion. Too true.

SPAZ

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

Thanks for the links NewLight. I did not know that most people here were ex-JWs. I had some questions to have answered and searched for a JW forum to have these questions answered according to their point of view. Now that I know that most here are ex-JWs I feel better to ask more questions freely and to know that most share my point of view also. Again thanks for the info.

• raistlin_majere
    raistlin_majere

Here.

I'll save you the time of dating a witness, and give you the experience of what its like to get involved with them even in a cursory way.

Go to the pawnshop.

But a .22 cal pistol.

Load it.

Aim it at your foot.

Pull the trigger.

There. Now imagine doing that to yourself every single day for the rest of your life.

Thats what its like to be a "Witness".

• Buster
    Buster

Ufu,

Welcome to the board! We'll be looking forward to the advancement in thought you can bring. Woops - looks like we won't be looking forward to your input.

Anyway, if there ever was a value on this board, it the when we give some unsuspecting, potential bookstudy, the lowdown on what she is looking at.

Edited by - buster on 28 January 2003 18:49:38

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

I still laugh about articles like that, warning about 'unsuspectingly' falling into a mixed marriage. As if we missed the first landslide of hate liturature. You'd have to be pretty dim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit