Elder's Meeting about ARC? No. Really?

by punkofnice 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Elders discuss meeting attendance regularly. It is reported to the C/o.

l havenot heard any comment on the Commission in the UK. NB AM 3rd has a video on their site saying how they protect kids. That has more weight with them

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

Some interesting posts here. There are a lot of variables that are unknown, however, I can tell you with confidence that the Royal Commission's work has a global impact, especially when you connect the dots on all of the major news events involving JWs.

• freddo
    freddo

Here in my part of the UK I know of two "heavy weight" elders (as in used on local assembly items and run an RBC department) who have expressed concern to a mutual contact about the ARC. One said he'd watched it "for hours" - It doesn't appear to have shaken them up but the fact that they have seen it and commented on it shows the wheels are turning in their heads.

I think more eyebrows are raised about the money grabbing in my corner of the field - one or two folk are quite vocal about it. One brother (ex MS who was beginning to "reach out") said he wasn't going to read the WT or offer prayers at the congregation meetings anymore and will wait on Jehovah to sort things out - good luck with that - before he reaches out again.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Punky I am in the UK and I do care that congregations are talking about the ARC. It's important to me because I have 11 family member trapped in this cult, one is a small baby. Thank you so much for this information. I just hope my family know about this!
  • Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus
    The Rebel is very perceptive with those points A and B. The Gov Body's broadcasts are a means of causing many to reflect and embark on a road of mentally questioning the organisation and its teachings. From the WTBTS / JW perspective, it would be less damaging if the Gov Body would simply shut up......
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt."
    Mark Twain
  • Zoos
    Zoos
    From the WTBTS / JW perspective, it would be less damaging if the Gov Body would simply shut up......

Please, oh please, oh puh-leeeze don't shut up, governing body!

• quincemyles
    quincemyles

"If the bible is true how did kangaroos get to Australia."

1) The phrase "whole or entire earth" may also mean a "whole or entire piece of land." When the bible speaks of the entire earth being covered by water it may mean all the land around where Noah resided being completely covered.

2) There appears to have been a Land strip of communication between Mainland Asia and Australia. LOL.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Not in historical time Quincemyles, possibly 480,000 years ago there was almost a land bridge...but that is not the point. The point is that the animals in the ark fable would have all have had to return to their own land of origin and begin breeding again for the paleontological record to be uninterrupted... which is an improbability to the extreme degree!

The Noah's ark story only makes sense as a myth.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JW congregations - and thusly the overall membership - are like a small town in a lot of ways; you can't take a dump without everyone knowing what color it is.

This'll make it's way around.

The hard-core loyalists will see it as a "fine witness" and their devotion will be reinforced, and the soft-cores and fence-sitters will see even further evidence that confirms their doubts, and thusly see further incentive to leave.

I honestly think the GB would prefer it that way; they want a leaner, meaner rank-and-filer.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Blues Bro - Yes, I've been in those elder's meetings where they sit around wondering why people are not turning up for the meetings. Usually it was everyone elses fault, not the corporation at fault.

Hello there, mrmagic. Very colourful chart. Worthy of it's own thread.

Freddo - I'm glad to hear entropy is setting in.

Xan - I hope your folks can escape the 'captive religion'.

NKop - I love that Twain quote. Very apt for the idiots at the top of the tower. Oops, sorry, I mean 'their holinesses'.

Zoos - I still want to see a vid of the watchtower rock star popes with canned laughter added.

quince - Thanks for sharing that perspective - and -Nana for the other side.

Vid - A sifting work ay? heh heh. I guess that soon it'll just be the zombified drones left if the captives were set free.

May the governing body(tm) continue to look like bozos in the eyes of the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit