I am so depressed

by Sadie5 22 Replies latest jw friends

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Sadie5,

My heart goes out to you. I too have been in the computer industry for a long time and know how tough the market is out there. Next month I will be starting a new computer related business. I will be offering one-on-one computer training and job support to individuals with mental impairment/brain injury/physical disabilities. If you are a very patient person with a good technical background and the willingness to learn about adaptive tech, this might be something that you could look into. There are agencies out there who would pay you to provide these types of services to the individuals that they care for. If this sounds interesting to you, my email is open. Good luck!

• Marcos
    Marcos

Hey Sadie,

I understand your situation. It has happened to me more than once, and Im 52 now.

ADVICE: Talk to the Water Company, etc. and insist on dealing with someone (perhaps a supervisor) who can assist you. I dont know you but I will say to be professional, couteous and reasonable. Remember that most employees of utility companies and other businesses dont care if the roof falls in on their office as long as they get paid on Friday. Dont SAY this but just remember with whom you are dealing.

Anyway, explain your situation and the problems you are having with their company. Gain an ally. They can and will waive their fees for returned checks, etc. They will also make an arrangement for you to pay as you can. But you must insist (always cool, calm and professional). It is NOT in their interest to mistreat you or to alienate you. You may be surprised at how well they will treat you. If not, keep going up the chain. You will be proud of yourself. And remember that they get yelled at all the time! Be the exception.

In my case, here in Mexico, I currently have not quite enough income to pay the rent on my business and eat a little. My house rent somehow magically appears. But, I fear, that will not happen in February. My 19 year old son and I get by right now on literally pennies a day. Most often walking to work. And this week, not even any pennies.

Food is a problem and more work is not forthcoming. But, life goes on. Just keep on keeping on. Something will work out it always does. You will, indeed, look back and smile. Dont let this hardship come between you and your family. Treat each other with even more love right now. Grace under pressure and all that.

Remember, you cant be thrown in jail for being poor. You must relax and keep your perspective. Look forward and KNOW that you will still be alive and (relatively) prosperous in the near future. We really do learn more from our problems than from our successes.

Ill try to let you know how my situation improves in the future too.

Relax (you have to) and get perspective.

Sincerely,

Marcos

• jgnat
    jgnat

*embracing Canadian soil*.

Sadie, I hope it helps a bit there is a safe place to unload and share your fears. Marcos, wow. *hugging Canadian soil again*. Sometimes we forget how good it really is in this part of the world. Even bills piling up like snowdrifts is not as hard as what you are facing right now.

Thanks for the perspective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit