My Very First Door

by LB 12 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

Back what seems like a zillion years ago I finally got up the courage to take my first door. I had been out in service a few times, but this was going to be the one where I did all the talking.

Knock Knock Knock

Door opens, I shuffle my feet and say "nice door, did you buy that or did it come with the house?"

Then we had donuts.

How did your first door go?

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

ROFLMAO...hehehehe

Nice door did you buy it or did it come with the house

classic!

• gumby
    gumby

Door opens, I shuffle my feet and say "nice door, did you buy that or did it come with the house?"

Funny you should mention that introduction LB! It is in the new February KM !

You greet the householder, tell them your a bible student, then ask them the door question! Yammo! ...it works! Brothers from all over the world are praising Jehovah for this new "door" that has been opened.Brothers from all over have also been praising Jehovah for the money saved from not having to go to Winchells and spend three bucks every saterday at 10:00am

Gumby

Edited by - Gumby on 21 January 2003 2:32:56

• AS IF
    AS IF

YOU MEAN YOU ACTUALLY KNOCKED!!!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Remember when we all learned that new JWs ought to be put into closets until they can control their zeal? Well it was true of me for sure...when at age 30, I finally knocked on a door and PLACED MAGAZINES mind you....it was like the heavens had opened up. I was being patted on the back and hugged like I had just graduated from college or something. I kept the address and wrote them a letter about how much it meant to me for them to take my magazines and what encouragement it was and I sent them some more freebies....damn I was a total IDIOT and Im sure they thought so too when they got THAT package LOLOL! I remember the house too. They probably moved to get away ROFL

• Shakita
    Shakita

I was so petrified at my first door, I was shaking! I don't even remember what I said, but I bet I sounded as petrified as I looked! I do remember the lady saying something about being Catholic and closing the door in my face.......she must have had practice at this, this was very well worked territory. No, donuts from this lady!

Mrs. Shakita

• Robdar
    Robdar

I was 7 when I placed my first magazines. Back then I think that the going price was a nickel a piece for the WT and Awake. The householder thought I was cute with my freckles and auburn hair. My daddy was so proud of me. And to think that I did that almost every Saturday for another 11 years. It boggles my mind.

Edited by - robdar on 21 January 2003 11:34:51

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

I was about 7 when I placed my first mags, too. It was in a trailer court, to a girl with acne. I believe she was a teenager. My mom brought me back every Saturday for a couple months, but one day the mother answered the door, and told us never to come back. That was just before they changed it to "donation only" for books and mags.

~adrienne~

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I remember my first door alone.No one showed up for the field service at my house,so, I went to the territory without the wife,she being under the weather.Still new and trusting in God I rang the bell to the second floor.As I started to walk up the stairs a man with a bat came running down the stairs yelling and screaming at me.You got some nerve waking me up on a saturday morning ! It was 10am. I ran out the door as fast as I could.

When I didn't see him anymore I said a prayer and went back to try the other householder on the bottom floor.As I stood outside the second floor window opened and the same man poured a bucket of ice cold water on me.

That did it I went home feeling good for the kingdom work.My wife thought I was wrong to go back to the same house after I had disturbed that man from his sleep.The brothers at the hall the next day were proud of me . I thought to myself I'm not going through that again. But, it got worse, I'll save that for another time. Blueblades

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I placed the Magazines at my first door! That was back when they were 50cents. I was so happy that I had a return visit. 2 weeks later I went back and the women I placed the magazines with told me she only took them the first time to be nice. She then asked me never to come back. I hated service from that day on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit