I am new here.....just wanted to say hi

by jesusstolemyhotrod 16 Replies latest jw friends

• La Capra
    La Capra

Hey there,
    About ten years ago or so, there was a really cute little independent film that was going around the local film festivals in Sonoma and Marin County California called "Jesus Crushed My Car". By John Hardin...The story of his car of which he had film footage from high school days until it died and Jesus (Haysoos) at the wrecking yard finally demolished it. Very sweet. Your UserName reminds me of that film. Nice name.

Shoshana

• email
    email

Welcome!! good to have you here

P.S. FINALLY I CAN POST... those 20 post a day max were driving me insane... and it felt like i was punished for a whole week!!

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

WELCOME! Hope you'll enjoy this place.

P.S. To email, awwww, I feel for you hon

• Brummie
    Brummie

WELCOME J
    Sorry to hear about the way you and your friend were treated. Glad you faded.

Brummie
    (Do you think I should tell email that the 20 post a day is still official?)

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hello and welcome. As you have found, you are not alone anymore!!

As for your comment:

i have one of my own on how god is either falible or screwed the whole planet up on purpose......but that is probably not the kind of thing discussed here

You'd be surprised what is discussed here. Why not start a new thread with some of your theories?

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Welcome , I like your nick name,,,.

My mother committed suicide when she was just disfellowshipped for 4 months or so, she had been addicted to pain pills for years and went to rehab. In rehab she started smoking, so they nailed her for that. During this whole time my elder dad was screwing around with a much younger sister in our congregation and their marriage ended in divorce , she was truly heartbroken, thrown away by my dad, thrown away from her religion(they d/f her thru the mail) they never tried to help her . She had been a faithful witness for 16 yrs or so, and even was at deaths door standing up for the blood issue a year before.

She was so full of guilt and sorrow, and the feeling that God would never take her back, she thought she had committed the unforgivable sin. I thought she was getting better,,,,,,,, I tried to help but she needed more help than a teenager could give her.

I am bitter about her suicide and I hate the WT for their lack of love. I know they didnt actually kill her but they did kill her soul. They did that by throwing her away like trash. Never calling , never trying to help a truly sick person. She had many emotional problems due to something that happened to her as a child , all I know it had to do with her mom, she never told me more. But the elders didnt care , anyway they arent trained to help people like her , in fact she was not even released from the doctors care. They never once went to see her in rehab, or send a card.

At her funeral, not a one of them showed up. Not one witness was there. My husband and I were both active witnesses and they didnt even have the heart and love to show up for our sakes. THere again,,,,,, there were no cards, letters, phone calls, or even a flower arrangement, not even secretly did anyone do that. My mom was a good hearted woman and always gave the shirt off her back, literally if someone said they liked it. She was loved by many. But so many were afraid to go to her funeral, i found out years later, because of pressure from the elders. We had to get a justice of the peace to do her funeral talk.... no one would even say a few words for her.

Sorry to drag all of this out again and again, but since you are new,,,,,,, I thought I would tell my story again. In away coming to this board and telling her story,,,,,,has let me grieve in a way the WT would never let me grieve. So this last year that I have been here I have opened my soul of all the pain of never being able to freely speak her name without making someone uncomfortable. Here, everyone listens,,,,,,,, and are the best support systems around.

I hope too, you find a place of peace over your friends suicide,,,,,,,,, and it is DAMN alright to be angry ,,,,,,,and this is just another way that the WT has broken people to the point of no return. They have alot to answer to one day........at least I hope they do.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hey there -- you who lost your hot rod to Jesus -- welcome aboard!

Jump in on any discussion that interests you. New posters sometimes add some of the best insights, so don't be shy (as if you were).

You mentioned bitterness over how your friend was treated, and how you were and are treated. The tragedy of losing your friend to the coldheartedness of this untrue religion is sad and frustrating beyond belief, so sorry that you had to endure through such a hard time!

As far as how you are being treated -- I guess if you have relatives in the Borg, there's not much you can do with that rejection outside of ignoring it. Hopefully you'll find an outlet at this site, along with some understanding and companionship, so that it'll help you get past those hard feelings about how you're currently being treated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit