2 years later

by Jacqueline 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Welcome Jacqueline!!!! Yes, the JWs do become very clannish and if you aren't part of their clique they will pretend that you don't exist. I could never understand why they made such an effort to find new people when their so-called brothers and sisters in their midst were ignored and even shunned. You are welcome here and though we can't get together with you in real life....we can on this forum. Warrigal

• AS IF
    AS IF

I can't believe you didn't get the "LOVE BOMB". Perhaps a change in policy. I have a sneaky hunch it is because you "stole" one of the highly coveted single brothers away from the (blah blah blah, I'm a dirty tramp) skanky sis's. HA HA. Sorry to hear that your experience was as bad as mine, cept I got the love bomb, and wasted almost 20 years of my life. Get out while you can, cuz it ain't gonna get any better. (until you leave that is)

AS IF

"Eaten by birds" (no class)

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Jacqui,

Yes some congreagtions seem to have completely different personalities than others, I have experienced this too, and I once asked my Dad why, it happens to so many people.

He said to me did you ever take the first step to introduce yourself to people, go up to them take their hand and say hi, Iam so and so?

Well I did initially, but I did notice it is still very hard for some in the cong. to allow you in too quickly, mistrust I guess, but i have to say i am happier out than I ever was in, cos I too started mistrusting too many...funny how it rubs off.

Is your hubby leaving too?

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hi there. I am not in the same situation as you (I was brought up as a JW like your husband) but I wanted to comment on this:

I feel like many Witnesses are putting their faith in the organization and the discreet slave more than Jehovah. Is anyone ele seeing that also???

This is something I ovserved whilst I was an active Dub, and is what helped me to see that God's spirit wasn't with the Organisation. Loyalty to the WTS, particularly the "faithful and discreet slave" is discreetly pushed over and above loyalty to God himself.

For example, if you had difficulty accepting a JW doctrine, and felt that the Bible said something else, what could you do? If you go to the elders, they would advise you to "leave it to Jehovah" and that in the meantime, you should go along with what the Society says. Even if it bothered your conscience? Too bad, you would be expected to blindly accept what the WTS says, and not speak out about it. You wouldn't be allowed to discuss it with other JWs, otherwise you would be accused of "subverting the faith of others". In other words, follow the party line and don't spread dissent amongst your comrades.

I'm sorry that you've been treated this way, it's not how it was in my old congregation, but often attitudes of the congregation depend on the most powerful elders.

Welcome to the board. I hope you find support and friendship here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit