I'm new here, and a little afraid

by ydidIanswerthedoor 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• ydidIanswerthedoor
    ydidIanswerthedoor

The reason that I am a little afraid is that four out of my five grown children are still JWs and if they knew that I was on here.....well nothing would change, would it, they don't speak to me now. OK, I talked myself out of being afraid. lol
    I would like to give my profile but can't seem to find out how to do it. Any help will be appreciated.

I am almost 70 years old/female....have three girls and two boys, 14 grandchildren and going on 3 greatgrandchildren. I got baptized in 1957 and disfellowshipped in 1981. All but three of my grandchildren are JW's so you can see that it seems like I have a pretty small family. I live about 10 miles from one son who has three daughters. The youngest daughter is 8 and I saw her for the first time last week and it was only for about 3 minutes. The other two are 12 and 14 and they don't even know me. It is very sad and when I see pictures of them when they were little (my children, that is) it makes me sorry that I every opened the door, thus my user name.

My first husband, their father, was an alcoholic and not a JW. I basically raised the kids alone. Having an alcoholic husband is like raising another child. The only thing that he did do is to support us. Now that I am df''d the JW kids go to his house and they do things together with him on occasion and it blows me away. Where was he when I was raising his kids? Never once did he go to a school function, or take them anywhere, especially the girls. He would take the boys fishing when they were a little older but that was a little too late. Well, there are more stories but I will wait for another time to cry on your shoulders.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Well, someone else in my age groupe (66). Good to have you on board. Sure we'll be talking in the future. Meanwhile, take care of yourself. Bug

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Welcome ydidIanswerthedoor (cute name).......you are in the right place!

• Beans
    Beans

Welcome, its never too late to start preaching some new light...............

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Beans

• Brummie
    Brummie

Welcome ydidIanswerthedoor!

Glad you talked yourself out of being afraid..lol

Sorry to hear about the situation with your family, hope someday they will see sense.

Brummie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No need to be afraid,we have some very nice people on this board..Be carefull about giving out personal information and enjoy your time here...OUTLAW

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi

Don't be afraid, people here are a great bunch of regular folks......

well...........most of us are, anyway.

Mrs. Shakita

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Hi YDIOTD,

Sorry to hear about your ungrateful kids, typical JW tactics, to try and re-assimilate you, there are people here that are going thru the same things as you.

I f you ever feel lonely or afraid or depressed speak up in here, there's always someone ready to listen.

Welcome to the other side...

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hi YdidI.

Don't feel out of your age bracket here, I am 67 so we are right in there. Sorry to read of your childen and the shunning. Sounds familiar. Only not that bad for me. Due to some of the things taking place in the wbts borg. it looks like there may be many more leaving. Maybe we will get lucky and some of your kids and mine will see the light. What do ya think?

Outoftheorg

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Welcome, and I am so glad you are here. It's so nice to see persons such as yourself find the courage and contact someone/somewhere: like right here.

I am sure you must be feeling very alone, and definitely unappreciated. We appreciate you sharing your info and coming on-board here. Lots of nice people here, and generally very upbeat, and can relate to having been a JW at some point in our lives.

Varying age groups, and personalities, but I know that there are a few of us on here that could use a well-appreciated on-line Mom, so we're ready to be adopted when you need us .

I hope you'll remain with us, and continue to feel better and better as time goes on.

So Glad You Are Here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit