Watchtower can cite their sources after all

by wannaexit 11 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

As far as I can remember watchtower has been notorious for not citing their sources in their literature. The most they will do is to cite their in house, long living expert by the name of Scholar. After 40 + years all i've ever read is the mantra "one scholar says" Ad nauseum

But low and behold on their website page directed at "clinicians", they feature a number of medical articles from Pubmed (NCBI) all in proper citation AMA format.

So they know what to do when it comes to presenting and citing sources properly when the audience is made up of worldly professional folk. But they wont do the same for their own people. They are duplicitious and deceitful and just don't want the sheep to know where they are getting the information.

I recently read a quote online by a Maximilien Rosespierre that said: The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JW.ORG Medical Information for Clinicians

Here's an interesting quote from this page:

"This section contains citations of peer-reviewed articles from leading medical journals"

It's ironic, they recognize that doctors and other professionals in the medical field understand the need for peer reviewed research, but the GB can't stand the thought of anyone reviewing and criticizing anything they say or do.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Nice find WANNAEXIT!

• Island Man
    Island Man
    The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant.

Nice quote.

• possum
    possum

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant

Same here great quote WT is tyranicall

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I have never heard the phrase "peer reviewed" at the kingdom hall.

Obliette good point that "they can't stand the thought of anybody reviewing and critizing anything they say or do".

Hypocrisy at its best.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    I've only heard "GB reviewed and approved" at the kingdom hall.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oubliette - "...the GB can't stand the thought of anybody reviewing and critizing anything they say or do."

Well, considering how easy it actually is to deconstruct WT ideology, can you really blame 'em?

• Half banana
    Half banana

The idea of peer review is to maintain the highest scholarly standards where individuals in their learned papers are pushing the boundaries of science and knowledge. It is a device to ensure thoroughness and integrity.

Such care would be wasted on the crude indoctrination and mental garbage that spews of the Watchtower org...

The entire Watchtower message assumption based on assumption with a lot of guesswork and holiness woven into it. To compare what the JW org says with scholarly research would be a farce.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The "one Scholar says " thing is a joke when, even assuming it may be true, there are a hundred Scholars who disagree.

When you look at the quality of Scholars they have used over the years, some of them named by them, most identified by sharp-eyed guys on here, these so-called scholars have no real clout in the field that they are being used for by the crafty JW Org. Or the scholar's words are misquoted.

I even suspect those medical quotes, call me an old cynic, but the JW Org's track record is appalling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit