My story...

by christopherceo 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aztec
    Aztec

((((Chris))))

Wow! That sounds rough. Speaking as someone who's been out a while, I can say it will get better. As far as the situation with your wife, I don't even know what to say. That's awful. Please stick around and share as much as you want.

~Aztec

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Chris, I am so glad you are here.

Just over the past couple of days, I have been going into some of the Personal Experiences of former JWs and their stories, which never cease to amaze, shock, and occasionally, horrify me. As I read the stories posted by the members here, I notice that there are many common threads. For some the pain is still all too fresh and real.

The internet is a lovely and wonderful thing. This site is incredible. It has intrigued me and captured my attention like no other.

Hang in there Chris. I am sure it's difficult, and you may have many conflicting moments from time to time going on in your head, but overall, you'll recognize that the decision you made, was a good one.

We are here. We have been there. And yes...there is a life outside of the WTBTS. In fact it is a very good life.

Edited by - RAYZORBLADE on 19 January 2003 9:22:28

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Chris welcome to the board!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Chris;

Thanks for sharing your story with us..it really takes alot of courage. Sometimes there is healing in allowing yourself expression of the pain, whether that is through writing or speaking. I sure hope that you are still in your children's lives. She really had no right to run to another state with your kids. You certainly have some legal rights to explore here. Glad you are posting..there are alot of nice people who will be able to help. If nothing else we are all concerned for you and your kids.

Leslie

• gumby
    gumby

Hello and welcome.

Sounds like you dealt with some oddball stuff,

As suggested by some, I took the opportunity to regular pioneer and applied, along with my wife, who by the way had just been reinstated from being disfellowshipped for marrying me.

I've never known anyone dissfellowshipped for marrying a "worldly " person. Why in your case?

Why did they remove privledges in Florida simply because your wife "partook"?

I don't mean to sound as though I question you, it's just I have never seen this in my 40 years I was in.

Again welcome....Gumby

• MissFrooFroo
    MissFrooFroo

Chris

what a traumatic ordeal you've been thru! For the longest time I thought I was the only one in the word mistreated by JW's and after finding this site recently.. I am horrified at how many have suffered at the hands of Jw's! Just give yourself a lot of time to let the wounds and scars to heal and though you never forget the pain.. it does get better! Thanks for sharing ((hug))

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Chris

Well from one Chris to another, I'm sorry for what those idiots put you through. I'm glad you're here and please look around. If you want to read up on the truth about "the truth" read some old threads started by Maximus, AlanF and Farkel. Interesting stuff there if you want to know.

Take care,

Chris

• christopherceo
    christopherceo

Thanks again guys!!! I feel welcome!!!

Gumby, to answer your questions, she was disfellowshipped for marrying me because she was a pioneer and was warned by the elders to stay away from me. I wish they had told me that about her!!! As far as priveledges in Fl, they felt that it was totally inappropriate for her to partake when she was so young and did not like the impression it gave the cong., therefore, they would not let me do ANYTHING, not even hand out talk slips.

Hope I have settled your doubts.

ceo

• wednesday
    wednesday

welcome ceo,

yes your story is odd, but i believe u b/c i have been a jw for all my life and i have seen some strange stuff. In fact, if i relayed some of the things that have happened to me, some would consider it oddball too. some of what happened to me come from being on the 'fringe' most of the time i was in the org. U meet some highly unusual people on the fringe.I've known at least 2 of the 144,000 that were just total whacko's. I've met several jw with MPD. I also have met quite few "armageddon oakies",as gary B . would say.and yes , the wts does send in people to sniff out the problem people in a cong -per the co. We had a bro. come to our cong several years ago, and eventually the entire elder body was removed.

Edited by - wednesday on 20 January 2003 2:16:7

• wildfire
    wildfire

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((CHRIS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) MY HEART JUST ached listening to your story , believe me we could compare notes on the issue of annointed partners....mine too professed to be of the annointed when he was 23..... believe me my email is open any time you want to just vent or anything......my ex was not even a pioneer or elder or anything just A MAJOR MANIPULATOR. AND ASSHOLE OF THE HOLIEST VERSION...... he was a real piece of work.... never paid child support for his 3 kids and now the oldest son is in prison... suffering from paranoid schizophrenia.... so yes i could write a book.... of all my horrible experiences... but i Have found a VOICE AMIDST THE DARKNESS... HEY I HAVE POSTED SOME INTENSE POETRY ON THE BOARD feel free to explore and WELCOME TO THE BEST PLACE TO BE........ SHALOM MY BROTHER

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit