Woman Are Inferior?

by JH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

My wife has a masters degree in bio-chemistry. She's way smarter than me. My JW parents are careful not to mention anything JW related that has to do with science.(evolution vs creation, blood issues etc) in front of her. I think most JW's are afraid of educated people, men or women. It challenges their fragile belief system.

Stan

• starfish422
    starfish422

"Do you think that the bible is old fashion and underestimates woman? "

These are two separate questions, I think. Do I think the Bible is old-fashioned? I think it's worthless trash. It's barely a history lesson, as so many historical inaccuracies have been found in it.

Does it underestimate women? Given the time period during which it was written, I think it's a bloody miracle that women are mentioned at all. I think JWs in general subjugate women. And unfortunately, most women in the organization allow this to be perpetuated.

Matty: LMAO LMAO LMAO at your illustration. Good one!

• Shakita
    Shakita

Women inferior?

Of course not. We have the great honor of producing the next generation of drones. What more could we ask?

Mrs. Shakita

• rocky220
    rocky220

LMAO @ matty's diagram.............

Damn, matty.....sad but true!!!!................................rocky220

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I think the Bible reflects the culture and environment of humans at the time it was written. But I find it significant that when Jesus was resurrected the first people he appeared to were women. I think he was making a statement by doing so that he considered women to be equal to men. Unfortunately, the guys didn't get it and continued to follow their cultural heritage and put it in writing for the rest of the generations to see.

Would the world be better if women were in charge? No, just different. Each sex has their good ones and bad ones, and I think God judges us on our merits, not our gender, race, or education.

Nina

• blondie
    blondie

Matty, only the male cockroaches are above all sisters. The female cockroaches are below the sisters.

In researching other topics I have found these gems (I have a million of them).

*** w61 6/1 326 Your Time or Your Money? ***

Not that only husbands err in this respect. Wives also do at times. Thus a certain sophisticated young woman who kept joking that she preferred being an old mans darling to a young mans slave married a young man after all. He learned a trade and became very successful in one of the most fashionable sections of a large midwestern city. His wife, however, in spite of his success and his pleas that she stay at home, insisted on going to work; she was determined to contribute her share in her own way. She even kept on doing the wash, although he wanted her to send it to the laundry so she would have more time. Then one day she came home from work to find that he had committed suicide. She had insisted on giving money, which he did not need, and had failed to give what he most neededher companionship, her time.

An extreme case? True, but the underlying principle holds. Wives working when there is no real need may be one reason why the life span of men is from six to seven years less than for women, and why so many men become heart victims.

And this one:

*** w55 5/1 284 Keep Your Place ***

A woman may have been a social worker for many years and used to taking the oversight over many peoplemen and women. Coming into the New World society she may find it difficult to subject herself to the oversight of men. She may feel that because of her abilities an exception should be made and that she might continue in a work of directing others. When they come into the New World society they might find it hard or may not want willingly to come under the oversight of a man of directive powers inferior to theirs. Many are the conditions that people find themselves faced with that tend to prevent their stepping into a proper place, in Gods perfect arrangement of things.

Blondie

• Mac
    Mac
    Is DUMB an acronym for Delightfully Unique M agnificently Brilliant!

AnotherEscapee,

You betcha!

mac

• Mary
    Mary

JosephMalik said: Come on now, Paul was not teaching these things. He was teaching against them.

Surely you jest. Please show me one scripture that supports that he was teaching against these things. Paul was a chauvenist. He most certainly did not support "womens rights" or viewed women as equal. If you can show me some scriptures supporting your theory I'll believe you.

• Matty
    Matty
    Blondie sez:

Matty , only the male cockroaches are above all sisters. The female cockroaches are below the sisters.

Sorry - My mistake. I will now probably be punished by Jah for my presumptuousness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit