ONE year ago!

by Vivamus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Wow, today I suddenly realized just what day it was. Exactly ONE year ago, I decided I was no longer willing to be a witness. January 17, 2002 was the first day I stopped praying to a god I no longer had any faith in. Less then one month later I was disfellowshipped because of my actions after that decision. I have been thinking about what this year has meant to me, and I can help but feel extremely grateful. I have been given more love and support from my family and friends than I even could have imagined possible. It has been an emotional rollercoaster, and quite an exhausting trip at that. Looking back, reading in my diary, I realised just what an emotional messed up human being I was back then.... it's amazing I turned out so well, I have lived this year with a passion I did not have before, and have never been happier. Just wanted to share this with you.

• LB
    LB

Time flies when you're living your life. Glad you got out when you did.

• shera
    shera

Thanks for sharing that with us. I'm Glad to hear you have found happiness Viv.

Take care

• email
    email

Gosh... I wish I could remember the day I said to myself "this is all a crock"... it's been soooo long... and I always kept suppressing it... heck all I can remember is that the day of my last Bday I was sitting on the back room of the KH on a Judicial committee

I guess I can use my Bday to celebrate 2 occassions

Thanks for sharing Vivamus

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Congratulations VIV!!! Isn't it great to be able to look back and see what we've accomplished after leaving? A year is a great milestone to reach, and the following years will be just as liberating. I just finished a letter to a friend who knows the religion is crap, but is at the in between stage. It's so hard to explain to her that it's worth all the stress on leaving--but it is. I hope she finds the strength to stick it out and find freedom.

Although I don't post often (I read more often than post), I noticed your posts almost as soon as I started in May. I have greatly enjoyed the various threads you've started, especially the picture thread. And even though it's been awhile since you're grandmother died, I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated your words of love towards her. It really meant a lot to me because I was not informed by my own family when my grandmother passed away. They told me 3-4 weeks later!

Anyway, I hope you keep enjoying your new life of freedom. Hopefully my boyfriend and I will visit Amsterdam in June or July and maybe even get to meet you. I think we have some things in common...especially in the coffee shops. Until then,

Becky

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

What a feeling!! So glad your at peace!!

Edited by - rubytuesday on 17 January 2003 18:46:13

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

cool, aint it viv?

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Happy Anniversary!! It only gets better.

Free

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

• Beans
    Beans

One year, WOW thats amazing! It has only been 17 years and 26 days since I last went to a meeting, but who's counting!

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit